Where in the World is Jovan?

Mens College Water Polo
fanofpolo

Where in the World is Jovan?

Postby fanofpolo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Any updates on the status of Jovan's court dates? And where in the world is he? I just can't believe he isn't showing up on some pool deck. Water polo is in his DNA. Will he be able to attend his sons games at USC or anywhere else. It's just hard to believe the most decorated coach in water polo history has just fallen off the earth.

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Where in the World is Jovan?

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:31 pm

fanofpolo wrote:Any updates on the status of Jovan's court dates? And where in the world is he? I just can't believe he isn't showing up on some pool deck. Water polo is in his DNA. Will he be able to attend his sons games at USC or anywhere else. It's just hard to believe the most decorated coach in water polo history has just fallen off the earth.

I have seen him at a National Team scrimmage.

ItsaCaliforniaGame
How are you connected to water polo?: Spectator

Postby ItsaCaliforniaGame » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:25 am

I would doubt he can be on the pool deck let alone the stands at SC, or it could be construed that he's still "coaching ", having influence.

Reggie Bush, the Heisman Trophy winner is
banned from the USC campus & coliseum for his parents indiscretions .

Wonder if he was able to travel to Montenegro to get away from the constant media barrage of the admissions scandal which keeps on growing.

While the ring of fire grows -/ Rick Singer the inferno fiddler continues his daily swim and paddle regime in Tampa far from his former training grounds of CDM, where he told everyone he won't serve any Prison time.

wpf360
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby wpf360 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:50 am

Jovan was in the stands for both of the UCLA scrimmages a few weeks ago in August, on both campuses. Very visible to both teams, chatting with parents in the stands at USC. He is still very much involved.

fanofpolo

Postby fanofpolo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:00 pm

wpf360 wrote:Jovan was in the stands for both of the UCLA scrimmages a few weeks ago in August, on both campuses. Very visible to both teams, chatting with parents in the stands at USC. He is still very much involved.

That is really surprising to me. Especially in the stands at USC.

wpf360

Postby wpf360 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Aug. 3rd in SC stands for scrimmage against UCLA, and in the UCLA stands on Aug.7th for the second scrimmage.

There are photos of him in both places for these scrimmages. He seems very involved still with this team.

ItsaCaliforniaGame

Postby ItsaCaliforniaGame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:31 am

“It is not His Team, nor technically or legally can be involved with any aspect of USC Water Polo”!

He was fired for cause and would think
the NCAA, is investigating as well.

quote="wpf360"]Aug. 3rd in SC stands for scrimmage against UCLA, and in the UCLA stands on Aug.7th for the second scrimmage.

There are photos of him in both places for these scrimmages. He seems very involved still with this team.[/quote]

-32H20polo

Postby -32H20polo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:50 am

How many people really thought Jovan would not be involved in the USC water polo teams? He is still around the pool and still has contact with some of the players and with the coaches. I just cannot fathom he would stop. He has been involved to long and has to much experience that USC would not have him involved behind the scenes. Someone is going to say USC would not risk that kind of action. YES they would, USC thinks they are above all and can do whatever as long as they do not get caught.
Now with that being said. I believe there is a hearing on the charges today. Any thought on if Jovan is going to enter a plea to any charges or is he going to continue to deny all aspects?

Poloforever

Postby Poloforever » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:00 am

-32H20polo wrote:How many people really thought Jovan would not be involved in the USC water polo teams? He is still around the pool and still has contact with some of the players and with the coaches. I just cannot fathom he would stop. He has been involved to long and has to much experience that USC would not have him involved behind the scenes. Someone is going to say USC would not risk that kind of action. YES they would, USC thinks they are above all and can do whatever as long as they do not get caught.
Now with that being said. I believe there is a hearing on the charges today. Any thought on if Jovan is going to enter a plea to any charges or is he going to continue to deny all aspects?

23 of the 51 people charged in the admissions scandal (including Fischer and 4-5 coaches) have already pleaded guilty to the charges. Jovan is not one of them.

ItsaCaliforniaGame

Postby ItsaCaliforniaGame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:12 pm

I would be shocked that SC ( Administration or
AD Swann ) would condone JV having anything to do with the Men's or Women's WP teams. Let alone giving the perception to the NCAA that he's still involved with the program. SC is under enough scrutiny by DOJ, FBI, local law enforcement as well as NCAA, not to be on high alert of any appearances of improprieties.

We still have not heard anything further of the Pat Haden investigation. He could not have been oblivious to his assistant's AD's role(Donna Heinel) in the admissions scandal nor JV's.

Haden resigned as AD due to stress related health issues. Maybe he too has a friend at the DOJ.

Will Heinel cut a deal with the Feds to deliver others in the Athletic Department/ Parents?

The made for TV series is already in the works. With all their Film/ TV students -- "Reality does not end here" -- Saying on the entrance of the SC film school.

lovethisgame
How are you connected to water polo?: Played in high school and college, dad, overall fan.

Postby lovethisgame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm

When I first read here that Jovan was on the deck at these recent games, my first reaction was, holy cow that guy has some stones. But stepping back, USC's culture of ethics is so completely broken/non-existent, that in that environment, he probably feels bullet proof. I do agree with ItsACaliforniaGame though...I can't imagine SC being supportive of his involvement, not because they care about the ethics, but because they care about the optics.

Here are two articles that have come out in the last week or so about the size and utter persistence of the culture problem at USC:
http://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/2019/0 ... nsparency/
https://dailytrojan.com/2019/08/21/a-ti ... il-at-usc/

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm

-32H20polo wrote:How many people really thought Jovan would not be involved in the USC water polo teams? He is still around the pool and still has contact with some of the players and with the coaches. I just cannot fathom he would stop. He has been involved to long and has to much experience that USC would not have him involved behind the scenes. Someone is going to say USC would not risk that kind of action. YES they would, USC thinks they are above all and can do whatever as long as they do not get caught.

You guys are all blowing this out of proportion. His kids are on the team. He is there to watch. End of story. If you think USC wants him having anything to do with being involved with the team from a coaching perspective, you are mistaken.

UberPolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Taxi service, bank, cheering section, occasional coach.
Oh... and parent.

Postby UberPolo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:

You guys are all blowing this out of proportion. His kids are on the team. He is there to watch. End of story. If you think USC wants him having anything to do with being involved with the team from a coaching perspective, you are mistaken.

He totally could be just another parent there to watch his kids play. I don't think he was ding any actual coaching from the stands.

ItsaCaliforniaGame

Postby ItsaCaliforniaGame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:59 pm

You are mistaken as I never inferred SC would allow any influence from a "Fired employee"be it a Coach, Professor, Administrator or AD, who is indicted on federal charges, let alone committed NCAA violations, which I would venture to guess is more than one $250k payment,along with having your assistant coaches paid by the Mafia Kingpin turned Canary, "Rick" Singer as well as your kid's education paid at Loyola.

That other posters "think" he has influence over the program is the optic which needs to extinguished. The actions of coaches, administrator's, certain Faculty members as well as the Board of Trustees is liken to taking a sledge hammer hit to the face of Tommy Trojan on the LA campus, in addition to having gone viral nationally and internationally. Read the UK Daily Mail and (no it is not a Liberal paper but owned by Fox New's( The Pravda of American journalism) Rupert Murdoch.

No need to tape and cover Tommy Trojan up for the UCLA game. The SC brand is already covered in Bear [email protected]#$. SC has become the laughing stock of the Nation for being the "leader" in the admission's scandals, improprieties by Professors, administrators, coaches, students & their parents, along with a dysfunctional board of Trustees who 'buy" their way in. What school has a Board of Trustees of more than 50 people?

The Alumni, Faculty, Administrators and hard working athletes & students are paying the price of a "Tarnished SC Brand" and reputation by the loose and irresponsible actions of a few, motivated by Greed, Hubris, Entitlement, Self-enrichment.

This is "OUR HOUSE". Time to Clean House now of all Perpetrators.

Rbpolo0414 wrote:

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:22 pm

...from the USC Annenberg Media (this week):

USC = "University of Scandal & Corruption":

A corrupt basketball coach.

A campus gynecologist accused of abusing hundreds of undergraduate students.

A business school facing questions of discrimination and harassment.

A cadre of athletics officials snared in one of the largest fraud-and-bribery schemes in U.S. higher education.

In ALL these cases USC hired expensive outside legal firms. I would argue that USC (did I mention University of Scandal & Corruption already?) is definitely the opposite of "transparency"...and is in full-blown "damage control". In other words...USC is in deep dog-doo.

Return to “Mens Varsity Water Polo”