Will you sign a waiver?

Whats new on Water Polo Planet and where you can find it
fanofpolo

Will you sign a waiver?

Postby fanofpolo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:05 am

With the college and high schools seasons right around the corner and with the pandemic still raising its ugly head I understand if school districts and colleges are going to allow sports it will come with a waiver. Will you sign a waiver not holding the institution liable for your child contracting the virus? This is where the rubber meets the road.

DWARF
How are you connected to water polo?: Kids play and I played a long time ago.

Re: Will you sign a waiver?

Postby DWARF » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:25 am

Yes - and I did.

At this point, my kids need to be part of something. Doing nothing for the entire summer is not an option.

Additionally, even when an athlete tests positive for COVID-19, I would still want them to continue being part of water polo. Zoom water polo does not cut it.

Sctrojanje
How are you connected to water polo?: Family and fan. Daughter plays, I played and wife coached and played

Postby Sctrojanje » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am

fanofpolo wrote:With the college and high schools seasons right around the corner and with the pandemic still raising its ugly head I understand if school districts and colleges are going to allow sports it will come with a waiver. Will you sign a waiver not holding the institution liable for your child contracting the virus? This is where the rubber meets the road.

Yes I have and will continue to sign. I believe (my opinion and only my opinion) that our children are not as susceptible to this disease/virus.

sbdad
How are you connected to water polo?: parent, fan, player

Postby sbdad » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:48 am

Signed it the day it came out. There is a risk involved in everything we do and let our kids do. USA water polo should not be liable if our kids get sick! We drop them off at the pool knowing we just survived traffic, they could drown, get a concussion, and now get the virus from the accidental spit of another player they are guarding or being guarded by. Each game they may guard 3 separate players and be closely guarded by 3 players, You could mandate man to man coverage and not allow coaches to have more than 2 players assigned to another in each game.

Or, modify the game for the next year, no posting up, make it like basketball, 3-5 seconds in the key is an offensive or defensive as well... the battle at center would be the highest risk of transmission. Just tossing out silly ideas to let the kids have some fun. Better than watching 14 kids play tackle football on the beach as i witnessed this weekend.

SkipShot101
How are you connected to water polo?: Player, fan

Postby SkipShot101 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Of course. Already signed one with my kids' swim team and a second one with the city so they could start swim practices again (swim in city pools). Will sign another one immediately once wp starts.

Life has risks. Always has, always will. This is just another one. Living scared isn't living.

fanofpolo

Postby fanofpolo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Since posting this a little over 3 weeks ago a lot has changed. The virus is more prevalent now than ever. Are you still going to sign that waiver?

dcpolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Ex-player, coach, official

Postby dcpolo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes, life will always include risks. Let’s open up, wear masks for the time being, socially distance a s much as we can, but get back to life.

DWARF
How are you connected to water polo?: Kids play and I played a long time ago.

Postby DWARF » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:11 am

Yes, I will sign just about anything to keep my kids active and part of something.

I have written their AD and principal stating my feelings. Their program had a series of checks to keep the kids working out and it was working.

If you do not keep the keep them part of something and something organized they will still do stuff and be out an about.

Return to “New News and Posts”