Latest Women's College polls

For Discussions of the WPP Alternative Top 20 Poll
SkipShot

Latest Women's College polls

Postby SkipShot » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm curious about recent polls? UCSB has recently beat UCSD, UCD, LMU who was beaten at LMU's home pool and SDSU who was soundly beat. Against 6th ranked SDSU they controlled the game from start to finish. The win against LMU virtually was discounted in the coaches poll with only WWP polling giving credit for this win and moving them up? They had a loss too UOP then came back to beat SDSU. WWP pollsters seem to be pretty close to what I would agree with but the coaches polling must be watching and following something entirely different than the rest of us! Anybody else have opinions on this please chime in. :shock:

Blissful
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Latest Women's College polls

Postby Blissful » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 pm

SkipShot,

I would agree. Reviewing the April 17th CWPA poll, I really do not understand why UCSB has not moved up in the polls. I also do not understand why CSUN is ranked so high.

Regarding the WPP poll, I think it is closer to reality, but both UCD and CSUN are ranked to high in this poll. LMU soundly beat both CSUN and UCD and also beat San Jose State by one at the Irvine Tournament; yet, LMU is ranked #15th in this poll? Does not make sense to me.

The upcoming tournaments in late April should be very competitive for the ranked teams between #6 through #20, and fun to watch since many teams have a real chance to go to the NCAA tournament this year.

oneeyeddeacon

Postby oneeyeddeacon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Who cares? It's impossible for the polls to make sense this year since a lot of teams seem to beat a higher-ranked team one day only to lose to a lower-ranked team the next.

Fence
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach

Postby Fence » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:16 pm

I would agree. Reviewing the April 17th CWPA poll, I really do not understand why UCSB has not moved up in the polls. I also do not understand why CSUN is ranked so high.
If you are looking for fast success in ccie exams then join today to explore complete ccnp switch exam dumps resources and pass ccnp troubleshooting certification on first try. A person can chose uncw.edu & wcu.edu training for his easiness.

Return to “Polls And Predictions”