USAWP Appoints ODP National Technical Directors

USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program
Site Admin

USAWP Appoints ODP National Technical Directors

Postby Moderator » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Huntington Beach, Calif. – November 3, 2009 – Kim Everist, and James Lathrop, two veterans of the water polo community have been named ODP National Technical Directors for girls and boys water polo. The National Technical Directors are two new ODP staff positions. Their primary responsibilities include connecting ODP to the Senior National Team and National Teams Pipeline, collaborating with Director of Olympic Development and the Senior National Teams to create and implement ODP training, teaching, evaluation and reporting system, supervise the ODP Regional Technical Directors, and oversee the ODP Regional Championships and Holiday Camp.

“We have implemented for ODP Phase 2 a few new key ODP staff positions. I believe the positions will greatly enhance our overall ODP product,” said Director of ODP Guy Baker, “Kim and James are an excellent addition to ODP and two key hires to take ODP to a new level. I was drawn to their experience, expertise, organization and commitment. I am thrilled to be working so closely with two colleagues who share the same vision as I do.”

“I am really excited to be actively involved in ODP. Bringing together athletes, coaches and referees into an educational environment is exciting. It is a great opportunity for the growth of the sport and the development of all those involved, as well as a wonderful opportunity to make sure athletes are evaluated, identified and selected for the national team programs. The future is very bright for our sport and I am glad to be a part of it,” said Everist.

“I am thrilled to be working with Kim, Guy and the rest of the ODP staff. I really like the changes that ODP is making and I look forward to working hard to help USA Water Polo.”

Everist is currently the Head Coach of women’s water polo at Campolindo High School in Walnut Creek, California. Everist has been a part of the USA Women’s National Teams program since 2001. She has served as Assistant Coach for the USA Women’s Junior National Team since 2004 to the present. She was an Assistant Coach for the youth National Team 2002-03 and the Junior National Team Leader in 2001. She has been part of three Junior National Teams that have won medals at the Junior World Championships 2001 (gold), 2005 (gold) and 2009 (bronze). In addition she served as the Friends and Family coordinator for the USA Women’s Olympic Team at the 2008 Game in Beijing, China.

Lathrop brings experience in and out of the pool having played collegiately at the University of California-Berkeley and is currently the Head Coach for men’s water polo at Miramonte High School in Orinda, California. A club coach with Lamorinda Water Polo, Lathrop has been involved in a variety of positions with the USA National Teams since 2002 including the Junior, Youth, and Cadet levels. Named Coach of the Year on two occasions by the Contra Costa Times, Lathrop has helped produced 18 high school All-Americans since 2003.

“I have had the privilege to work with Kim for a number of years. I am looking forward to working with James and I believe each will provide the organizational framework that will allow ODP Phase 2 to build upon the success of Phase 1,” added Baker

For more information on ODP, which is currently in Phase 2, click here.

Water-Polo-Fan

Re: USAWP Appoints ODP National Technical Directors

Postby Water-Polo-Fan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:25 am

Congratulations to both Kim and James. Two quality individuals that will do nothing but bring the level of water polo up many notches in this country. Outstanding selections!

Return to “Olympic Development Program”