mens premier / odp

USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program
monkey business

Re: mens premier / odp

Postby monkey business » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:10 pm

it's not that hard to get a newsflash out on the website...why does everyone assume communication is a high priority?

norcalparent

Postby norcalparent » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm

to make this more black and white.

With closing Colorado Springs and moving offices to Los Alamitos, this was suppose to consolidate and improve communication... All I have seen is more paid (revolving) staff with no water polo knowledge or sports knowledge trying to reinvent the wheel.

re mens odp.

We were advised last week, make plans to travel to Socal for Feb 13/14 for games.. Great notice USWP.. I'd like to check the website again to see if any update or plans.. but USWP website is not working... 2 options, USWP is updating site and maybe it will have better links...or another person quit. (it's been 3 hours since I first tried to look at uswp for information today)

here are my question.

1) with late notice, we are now paying $280 rtp vs max . $140... is uswp going to pick up difference for poor / lack of planning... how are they handling flying in referees for this (as winterfest is underway this weekend) they are then paying higher fares for these refs too... (see point 2 below)
2) which airport do you fly too? is it Orange county, LAX, Burbank or Ontario? With NO SCHEDULE, NO LOCATION how do you plan a trip? Let alone you might drive, no location, how do you plan?
3) Where do you stay? if games are at USC or Pepperdine, that's different than games at UCI/Long Beach or Capistrano area? How do you plan to stay with friends, family, teammates parents and have cars, if you do not know where games are? I think Chris Ramsey should volunteer to house and feed all the traveling athletes, and have his USWP staff cart them back and forth to games... maybe then someone would review planning.
4) OPD just had a retreat, why is there no information?
5) with winterfest this same weekend, who would have thought this was a great weekend to schedule these games
a) winterfest uses a lot of pools
b) winterfest uses a lot of referees..mentioned this above.. lack of planning, what's that cost to fly in referees.. more than it should be when you don't even know where you are flying them too. (let alone plenty of local referees if they had not already committed to winterfest... or will they be doing men's odp, and dilute the 18/u ref pool?, not fair to 18's.)
c) winterfest ties up a lot of young athletes who might enjoy watching these games
d) since uswp will probably charge for watching men's ODP, they just lost a lot of paying fans

Am I missing anything? (yes I did, its, I thought the point of this was to keep athletes in the water, playing, especially the collegiate players, those on the cusp of participating on and making the national teams down the road.. the upcoming youth.. just like the juniors and youth programs we have now, building for the future, these groups have more organization around them.)

Girls ToP 40 seems to run better than this.... I'd like to check but can not.. USWP site still not working..DID they change address? http://www.usawaterpolo.com? I have tried to connect from home computer and my cell phone web browser, advise. "not available"

coyote
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby coyote » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Does anyone know what is going on?
It's time to divulge the secrets.

Schedule
Dates
Times
Was a secret email sent out about this?

Years ago, more info was posted.
More staff and nothing to show for it.

Is this what happens when a ballet, disneyland fan and a women's olympic coach get together?
And yes, I agree with the statement, the Women's Information is much more forthcoming.
Not only do the Men's Teams deal with discrimination with regards to scholarships and programs, but the men have to deal with this with USA Water Polo.
I am so delighted that the Women's Top 40 Event that takes place at the end of the year is posted with dates.

If you join USA Water Polo should part of the benefits be to be knowledgable of events that would affect you....a male?

And for those that have to fly into Southern California and play top rate airfares will USA Water Polo cover the fees for their screw up?

Just who is responsible for getting the info out?

Guy Baker?
Did Greg Mescall not get the info from Guy Baker to post?
Who takes an iniative at USAWP?
What about all those blonde beauty under 30 babes that have jobs at USAWP?

evad

Postby evad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

The information which was forwarded to me only includes a venue, Pepperdine University.

j_polo9
How are you connected to water polo?: parent

Postby j_polo9 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:56 pm

evad wrote:The information which was forwarded to me only includes a venue, Pepperdine University.

ive called the odp program 6 times with no answer so just come here where we can at least pool what little information we have. why cant they just update the website (they still have the 2009 schedules up there from almost a year ago.) now i have to travel to socal this weekend at the last minute, cancel dinner reservations on valentines day. my wife hasnt spoken to me in 2 days over that one-it will cost me major jewelry to get my a$$ out of that crack.the odp program might be usawps signature program but it isnt doing much for marital accord.

coyote

Postby coyote » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 pm

If no one answers at USA WP ODP then I will presume Tanner still has free passes to Disneyland, Chris has a lifetime free membership at the Joffrey in NY and LA ballet or the girls are getting their roots dyed.

coyote

Postby coyote » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:47 pm

On the USA WP site, ASK CHRIS
http://www.usawaterpolo.org/InsideUSAWa ... Chris.aspx
Dear Chris,
The water polo community was curious about the men's program during the 2010 winter/spring season?
We don't know if it's called ODP, Premier or perhaps some other name.
Whatever it is called, we were wondering if it was possible if we would get information about the event before the event occurs.
We also wanted to get your opinion about regarding would be a reasonable time frame to expect to get this information in advance.
Nothing about this event is posted on USAWP.
Is it possible to get a schedule of the entire event so families could make proper travel arrangements without incurring last minute higher priced airfare and hotels?
Thank you.

PS Can you hire some of those out of work college water polo players who have a history of water polo because they would definitely have a lot of heart when working for USA Water Polo?

j_polo9
How are you connected to water polo?: parent

Postby j_polo9 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:40 pm

we should all be ashamed for voting this group of morons in. i was part of it and now am paying the price like everyone os us. does anyone know what we need to do to get rid of this group (including the board)? this has been going on for 4 years and is getting worse not better. if this is ok with this board of directors, i say we need a change---from the top down.

LF

Postby LF » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, if anyone hears from USWP ask them where JO's and Men's Nationals and Men's 20 unders will be held (specifically). LA area has lots of airports for events there. It would be so nice if people could get cheap fares. I agree that men's programs seem to get short end of stick communications -wise.

Sundown
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Sundown » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:26 am

I have heard from a player that the ODP games are at Pepperdine. I guess that John Wayne International was not the best choice of airports.

norcalparent

Postby norcalparent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Well usawaterpolo website back up for what good that does.

Pepperdine. WOW, besides Santa Barbara that's about the furthest school away from all central SoCal water polo (obviously uswp does not have 1 sherlock in their midst, This weekend winterfest, as well women's collegiate season what were they thinking about pool availability.)

No schedule, no brackets, no nothing.

And USWP will charge admission to these games, and who will be attending, the parents who got hosed on late travel plans and mileage to Pepperdine. I thought uswp was all about charging high fees to athletes and then again to parents to support their athletes, well at Pep, they just lost a lot of revenue by reducing the number of spectators... but USWP "event managers" am sure there will be a lot of them will be staying "on campus" or at the elusive and expensive hotels in malibu, maybe schoerder will but them up at his house and save uswp some dough for the athletes later? along with officials?

USWP motto should be. No expense spared, on the expense account of the athlete

wtrpolobestgameever

Postby wtrpolobestgameever » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Sundown wrote:I have heard from a player that the ODP games are at Pepperdine. I guess that John Wayne International was not the best choice of airports.

You need to learn to fly by the seat of your pants, like the rest of the water polo world, then you won't need an airport...

Sundown

Postby Sundown » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I have seen this tentative schedule

Veteran 1               Pacific 2
Veteran 2               Pacific 3
Pacific 1               Coastal 2
Coastal 1               So Pac 2
So Pac 1                So Pac 3

Saturday
9:00        Coastal 2-So Pac 3
9:45        So Pac 2-Pacific 3     
10:30       Pacific 1-Coastal 1
11:15       So Pac 1- Veteran 2
12:00       Pacific 2-So Pac 3
12:45       Pacific 3-Coastal 2
1:30        Veteran 2-Pacific 1
2:15        Veteran 1-So Pac 1
3:00        Pacific 2-So Pac 2
3:45        Pacific 3-So Pac 3
4:30        Veteran 1-Coastal 1
5:15        Pacific 1-So Pac 1

Sunday
12:00       Pacific 2-Coastal 2    
12:45       So Pac 2-So Pac 3
1:30        Veteran 2-Coastal 1
2:15        Veteran 1-Pacific 1
3:00        Pacific 2-Pacific 3
3:45        So Pac 2- Coastal 2
4:30        Veteran 1-Veteran 2
5:15        So Pac 1-Coastal 1

polo1

Postby polo1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 pm

What dates for the above schedule?

tigress49

Postby tigress49 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm

What dates for the above schedule

You cant be serious. Are you telling me that an entire regional ODP event is planned for tomorrow and there is no central point of information about the location/date/schedule? I realize there is nothing on the USAWP website but for $800 nobody tells you where or when the events are?

Return to “Olympic Development Program”