Mens national team? all I can say is WOW

USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program
norcalparent

Mens national team? all I can say is WOW

Postby norcalparent » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Men's National Team Trial Series #2
Santa Ana Valley High School
March 13-14, 2010

Great what is format for this.. are these current MNT kids or ODP kids from last weekend... IS this a game format or a practice weekend? several have asked about HS kids participating.. NO reply.. though I know some HS players played last weekend.

Now on the USWP .. MNT lists 2009 information. What is 2010 information or did that person who updated it quit and the new person at USWP can't find any one to get the information to post.

Men's National Team Trial Series #3
TBA
April 3-4, 2010

WOW.. April 3-4... NO LOCATION?
is anyone working on this?

Men's FINA World League Prelims
TBA
May 5-9, 2010

WOW I would have thought there would be a site. (geez fina website has a post, atleast they know it is in California.. USWP doesn’t know were it’s going to be held apparently)

FINA website is lists; Preliminary Country Dates Organiser
AMERICAS USA, VEN, BRA 1st Preliminary
4-9 May California (USA)
2nd Preliminary
4-9 May California (USA)

Teams traveling for other countries.. generally want to know were they are going.. Does USWP not have a site yet. For an international tournament you agree to host... sites should have been committed long ago...
is this going on in Socal, starting with San Diego or up to Pepperdine (or santa barbara) ?... maybe UOP, stanford or cal... Maybe Clovis (they have nice pools). ANY reason USWP would withhold site location, you'd think with trying to work in advance on promotion of sport in local areas, vendor promotion, this would be an important element to help promote water polo.... why would site be a mystery? Or have they just not gotten around to it? I have to go with the later..
California is a big state.

Fisher Cup
Northern California
May 22-23, 2010

O.K. and where?

Women's FINA World League Super Final
Southern California
June 29-July 4, 2010

o.k and where?

These are not major brain trust questions. you agree to hold them, you have sites.
June 2011… maybe you are working on sites… June 2010.. 4 months from now you have sites lined up.

Missy

Re: Mens national team? all I can say is WOW

Postby Missy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Yeah - they are seriously disorganized over there. I got totally spammed by them when my membership was set to expire - like 10 emails in a week. They don't seem to have their priorities figured out. They are there to promote, expand and elevate the sport of water polo and not just to collect money from water polo players and redistribute it to people who can't figure things out. There was a very good event webcast a few months ago. I don't remember the details beyond very high level woman's water polo. They didn't even have 30 people in the stands. No dis to the coaches because they are doing an awesome job with our National Teams but the organization seems totally lost.

norcalparent

Re: Mens national team? all I can say is WOW

Postby norcalparent » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm

norcalparent wrote:Men's National Team Trial Series #2
Santa Ana Valley High School
March 13-14, 2010

Great what is format for this.. are these current MNT kids or ODP kids from last weekend... IS this a game format or a practice weekend? several have asked about HS kids participating.. NO reply.. though I know some HS players played last weekend.

Now on the USWP .. MNT lists 2009 information. What is 2010 information or did that person who updated it quit and the new person at USWP can't find any one to get the information to post.

Men's National Team Trial Series #3
TBA
April 3-4, 2010

WOW.. April 3-4... NO LOCATION?
is anyone working on this?

Men's FINA World League Prelims
TBA
May 5-9, 2010

WOW I would have thought there would be a site. (geez fina website has a post, atleast they know it is in California.. USWP doesn’t know were it’s going to be held apparently)

FINA website is lists; Preliminary Country Dates Organiser
AMERICAS USA, VEN, BRA 1st Preliminary
4-9 May California (USA)
2nd Preliminary
4-9 May California (USA)

Teams traveling for other countries.. generally want to know were they are going.. Does USWP not have a site yet. For an international tournament you agree to host... sites should have been committed long ago...
is this going on in Socal, starting with San Diego or up to Pepperdine (or santa barbara) ?... maybe UOP, stanford or cal... Maybe Clovis (they have nice pools). ANY reason USWP would withhold site location, you'd think with trying to work in advance on promotion of sport in local areas, vendor promotion, this would be an important element to help promote water polo.... why would site be a mystery? Or have they just not gotten around to it? I have to go with the later..
California is a big state.

Fisher Cup
Northern California
May 22-23, 2010

O.K. and where?

Women's FINA World League Super Final
Southern California
June 29-July 4, 2010

o.k and where?

These are not major brain trust questions. you agree to hold them, you have sites.
June 2011… maybe you are working on sites… June 2010.. 4 months from now you have sites lined up.

HELLO U$A WATER POLO

Return to “Olympic Development Program”