Boys Coaches

USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program
OCPoloDad

Boys Coaches

Postby OCPoloDad » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 pm

momofpoloplayer, very valid and agree 100% with you
Last edited by OCPoloDad on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momofpoloplayer

Re: Boys Coaches

Postby momofpoloplayer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:59 pm

There were many postings over the last year about ODP under Segesman in the SOPAC region. I sincerely hope that USA water polo takes note of some of those complaints, and more importantly takes note of his dubious compliance with CIF rules at Mater Dei.

He may be a good coach and a former Olympian, but I'm sure you can find another coach--just as good--who has a reputation for good character. In my opinion character is every bit as important.

deepwater

Postby deepwater » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 am

Well, let's see how well the boys do in PR with these coaches and team selection.

Damn it's hot and humid here.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Final Score Colombia 6 Cadet Men 5

KJE
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach

Postby KJE » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:52 am

How the cadet boys do has nothing to do with Segesman. He wasn't involved with this age group nor had anything to do with the selections. This is a National Team and Ormsby, Flacks, and lynton are the coaches, and are a great staff. The National team coaches take over the selection process as they run the camps, of which Segesman did not even attend. Myself, Kyle Kopp, Brett Ormsby, and Jason Lynch are responsible for the selections of our respective teams. You can follow the Cadet teams on twitter @usawpODP. Usawp has retweeted the scores of all the games.

The Odp staffs are being reviewed and updates will be posted on the Odp website. I hope everyone's teams did well at JOs. We were all following the games. Send good support our way in Puerto Rico. Both teams are very young and working through their 1st international experience. Roque and Humberto, our officials, have been great as well.

BucketMan
How are you connected to water polo?: Calling out Chris Ramsey, Guy Baker and the USA WP to take immediate action after all events that occurred at the Fisher Cup 2011

Postby BucketMan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 am

This thread was created in 2010 when Segesman was the Sopac Coach, selected players for the sopac zone which in turn Lynch had the final selections.
Baker promoted Segesman to the JNT assistant coach in 2011. Ormsby replaced Segesman.
Between all the changing of ages within groups and all the name changing of each group people get confused.
The bottom line is that USAWP does this in order to make to most money.

polo man
How are you connected to water polo?: None

Postby polo man » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Boys - USA over Canada 5 - 4 in preliminary rounds
Girls - USA vs Puerto Rico 14 - 3

6on5
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby 6on5 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Go USA

Return to “Olympic Development Program”