Laberal Tear Hip

Mike Reid will answer your questions about physical training, weight training and general training for water polo.
zinn
How are you connected to water polo?: Daughter plays D1 polo.

Laberal Tear Hip

Postby zinn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Have a daughter playing D1 polo back east. Just received her MRI results today and has a right hip labral tear. Season begins in February. Doesn't want to get it scoped until next summer. Should she play with the tear this season? She is a Center..

stickman

Re: Laberal Tear Hip

Postby stickman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:54 pm

May not be up to her. Has she been cleared to play by the sports medicine staff?

zinn

Postby zinn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Just found out today. That's as far as it's gone.

MichaelReid
How are you connected to water polo?: Player, Coach & Official.

I am a professional Strength & Conditioning Coach from Canada living for the past 6 years in Europe but I'm now back coaching Water Polo in Canada.
I operate 2 websites on training, health and nutrition.

www.michaelreid.ca

www.waterpolotraining.net

I am presently writing a monthly article for WaterPoloPlanet on strength & conditioning for Water Polo.

Postby MichaelReid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Definitely discuss with her medical team and go from there. I do not really have a comment other then that.

shellibelli

Postby shellibelli » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 pm

Depends on severity. My daughter played with a tear, and it will now likely need to be surgically repaired post college.

zinn

Postby zinn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks for the input. She is having a tough go right now with this and a new health problem. She says the pain on a scale of 1-10 is about a 7/8. She is in the process of getting an appointment with a surgeon who specializes on Laberal scopes so hopefully he can determine if she needs to be scoped immediately or play with the tear or not play at all. So tough with her 3000 miles away and essentially dealing with the issue on her own..

zinn

Postby zinn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:09 pm

One other issue. My daughter told me she is only allowed one cortisone injection a student calendar year. Does anyone know if this is true?

Return to “Physical Training With Mike Reid”