Coaching Carousel

Womens College Water Polo

Moderators: LBDad, LBDad, LBDad

DinsdalePiranha
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby DinsdalePiranha » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Regarding the collegiate cup, for those of us old enough to remember, UCI would have two weekends in November for preseason scrimmages/games. At some point USA water polo decided they could profit from appropriating one of the weekends. I guess it didn’t work out for them, what a surprise, it’s now back to where it began and where it should be.
he nailed your head to the floor? Wol, e ad to, I ad transgressed the unwritten law...

CPR

Postby CPR » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 pm

[quote="-32H20polo"]SJSU named Assistant coach Beth Harbert head coach for the women's team. This was the worst choice of a head coach. This maybe the end of the women’s waterpolo at SJSU. Beth Harberts, acts more like one of the members on the team than an adult/coach. She has talked to them on their trips about her sexual encounters. She encouraged bullying, drinking and hazing on the team. She has said hazing is a way to learn about your teammates and is done all teams in college. There have been several cases of each on the team. She knew about the other assistant, Taylor Peters relationship with the Captain on the team and said nothing and did nothing. The assistant coach and captain live together and are dating. The pair have, had parties at their place where underage drinking was happening. She knew about the underage player that was so drunk she ended up at the hospital with because of her condition. There was no punishment and the A.D. was not informed until much later and the coaches were forced to do a punishment. Beth Harberts has laughed about the situation and stated kids will be kids and this is part of college life. In Hospital because of drinking is not and should not be part of college. They allowed in past years to have the recruits taken off campus to a party & allowed them to drink, MINORS, and put them in a UBER by themselves, drunk, to get back to the campus. Nothing happened to the team again and again Beth Harberts thought it was fine. I wonder why NCAA was not brought in on that issue.
It seems the A.D. took the money saving measure on this. Gabor is now assistant coach for the men’s and Beth Harberts is Head coach for the women’s and Taylor Peters is Assistant coach for the women’s and her girlfriend is still Captain on the team. They had much higher qualified people apply for this job. ODP coaches/National team assistant coaches, current college coaches and Division 1 Assistant coaches with better records than SJSU. Beth Harbert’s only head coaching is at a Community College. I do not believe she even had a winning season at that level. If this is the kind of coaching they want and the type of program this team will go nowhere and I can see some problems for them in the near future.[/quote]

According to scores on the FOSH...SJSU defeated Cal today at Cal.
Coach/Player/Ref

-32H20polo
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby -32H20polo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am

CPR wrote:
-32H20polo wrote:SJSU named Assistant coach Beth Harbert head coach for the women's team. This was the worst choice of a head coach. This maybe the end of the women’s waterpolo at SJSU. Beth Harberts, acts more like one of the members on the team than an adult/coach. She has talked to them on their trips about her sexual encounters. She encouraged bullying, drinking and hazing on the team. She has said hazing is a way to learn about your teammates and is done all teams in college. There have been several cases of each on the team. She knew about the other assistant, Taylor Peters relationship with the Captain on the team and said nothing and did nothing. The assistant coach and captain live together and are dating. The pair have, had parties at their place where underage drinking was happening. She knew about the underage player that was so drunk she ended up at the hospital with because of her condition. There was no punishment and the A.D. was not informed until much later and the coaches were forced to do a punishment. Beth Harberts has laughed about the situation and stated kids will be kids and this is part of college life. In Hospital because of drinking is not and should not be part of college. They allowed in past years to have the recruits taken off campus to a party & allowed them to drink, MINORS, and put them in a UBER by themselves, drunk, to get back to the campus. Nothing happened to the team again and again Beth Harberts thought it was fine. I wonder why NCAA was not brought in on that issue.
It seems the A.D. took the money saving measure on this. Gabor is now assistant coach for the men’s and Beth Harberts is Head coach for the women’s and Taylor Peters is Assistant coach for the women’s and her girlfriend is still Captain on the team. They had much higher qualified people apply for this job. ODP coaches/National team assistant coaches, current college coaches and Division 1 Assistant coaches with better records than SJSU. Beth Harbert’s only head coaching is at a Community College. I do not believe she even had a winning season at that level. If this is the kind of coaching they want and the type of program this team will go nowhere and I can see some problems for them in the near future.

According to scores on the FOSH...SJSU defeated Cal today at Cal.
It seems that I may have possible reacted to soon On Harbert. I hope she keeps this going the direction it should. YES I said something positive to those that have hammered me. I truly hope Herbert can take the SJSU team back to what it once was with Coach Tully. I think if she keeps on the same track she will. It seems that she has started and since she played under Coach Tully I think she knows what it takes.