Class of 2021 Commits

Boys High School Competition
EdgarAllanPolo
How are you connected to water polo?: I'm just a Polo boy from a Polo family.

Class of 2021 Commits

Postby EdgarAllanPolo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm

This first post will be edited with all future updates.

Updated: Sat 04-25-2020 11:14 pm Pacific

Notes:
• The schools are listed alphabetically with an exception for those that are commonly referred to with a different name (e.g. Cal, Navy & Pacific)
• Unless otherwise noted, high schools listed are in California

Image UCLA • Div I • MPSF
  • Mark Laurlund, Monte Vista
  • Eli Liechty, Newport Harbor
  • Grant Loth, Mater Dei

Image UC Santa Barbara • Div I • GCC
  • Ryan Matarangas, Valley Christian
Last edited by EdgarAllanPolo on Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
"It is the nature of truth in general, as of some ores in particular, to be richest when most superficial."

Pistol
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach

Re: Class of 2021 Commits

Postby Pistol » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Mark Laurlund has verbally committed to UCLA.

EdgarAllanPolo
How are you connected to water polo?: I'm just a Polo boy from a Polo family.

Postby EdgarAllanPolo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Pistol wrote:Mark Laurlund has verbally committed to UCLA.

Thanks Pistol - From what high school will he be graduating?
"It is the nature of truth in general, as of some ores in particular, to be richest when most superficial."

jeff
How are you connected to water polo?: I am a fan.

Postby jeff » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 am

Monte Vista and CCU

Bellspolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Bellspolo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:11 pm

Ryan Matarangas - Valley Christian and SJWPF - UCSB

McKlintock

Postby McKlintock » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Just wondering what people are hearing out there related to 2021 commits. It seems likely that all the schools will be shutdown and unable to do visits for the rest of the year. Assuming the college and HS seasons are played in the fall with little time for official visits, does that mean we will see a delay in commits until the end of the calendar year or even into 2021? Did recruits get a lot of visits in before the shutdowns? Are schools also slowing down their conversations with recruits as the fall season could end up cancelled so they won't have as many spots to fill as normal?

PoloNHB

Postby PoloNHB » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm

McKlintock wrote:Just wondering what people are hearing out there related to 2021 commits. It seems likely that all the schools will be shutdown and unable to do visits for the rest of the year. Assuming the college and HS seasons are played in the fall with little time for official visits, does that mean we will see a delay in commits until the end of the calendar year or even into 2021? Did recruits get a lot of visits in before the shutdowns? Are schools also slowing down their conversations with recruits as the fall season could end up cancelled so they won't have as many spots to fill as normal?

Only a few of the 2021s were able to get in all the visits they wanted before the shutdown. Heard schools will do summer visits IF we are out of this mess by then, which should mean some commitments in the summertime. I would expect to see some commitments before then for those who got the visits in that they wanted, but should be a smaller number than past years. I'm just still hoping we have fall college and hs seasons.

badboy
How are you connected to water polo?: parent

Postby badboy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:36 pm

PoloNHB wrote:
McKlintock wrote:Just wondering what people are hearing out there related to 2021 commits. It seems likely that all the schools will be shutdown and unable to do visits for the rest of the year. Assuming the college and HS seasons are played in the fall with little time for official visits, does that mean we will see a delay in commits until the end of the calendar year or even into 2021? Did recruits get a lot of visits in before the shutdowns? Are schools also slowing down their conversations with recruits as the fall season could end up cancelled so they won't have as many spots to fill as normal?

Only a few of the 2021s were able to get in all the visits they wanted before the shutdown. Heard schools will do summer visits IF we are out of this mess by then, which should mean some commitments in the summertime. I would expect to see some commitments before then for those who got the visits in that they wanted, but should be a smaller number than past years. I'm just still hoping we have fall college and hs seasons.

Summer visits are worthless. Need to see the campus hopping.

WaPoSaD

Postby WaPoSaD » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:58 am

Eli Liechty (Newport Harbor) - UCLA
Grant Loth (Mater Dei) - UCLA

Source: Player Instagram Accounts

wplover
How are you connected to water polo?: fan. parent

Postby wplover » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Just listening to the Tony Azevedo Podcast. Don't want to start rumors, but at minute 35 he says that UCLA could cut Men's Water Polo program if there is a season delay with football. Sounds like there could possibly be more changes than we realize.

bennykovacs

Postby bennykovacs » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Chances of this happening, Imo, “less than zero.”

arbolado

Postby arbolado » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:16 pm

wplover wrote:Just listening to the Tony Azevedo Podcast. Don't want to start rumors, but at minute 35 he says that UCLA could cut Men's Water Polo program if there is a season delay with football. Sounds like there could possibly be more changes than we realize.

I thought the program was endowed back in 90’s when it was in danger of being eliminated?

Presidio
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player

Postby Presidio » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:54 pm

wplover wrote:Just listening to the Tony Azevedo Podcast. Don't want to start rumors, but at minute 35 he says that UCLA could cut Men's Water Polo program if there is a season delay with football. Sounds like there could possibly be more changes than we realize.

Is that what is referred to as negative recruiting?

HawkinsPolo4
How are you connected to water polo?: College water polo graduate, four-year high school player, and long time club player. Now coaching club year around and playing masters

Postby HawkinsPolo4 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Gavin Molloy (Brunswick HS, CT) has verbally committed to Princeton

sacareawpfan
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby sacareawpfan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm

Anthony Gross, verbal commit to UCLA

Return to “High School BOYS”