June 2011 Recertification Deadline

Water Polo Referee Training at Water Polo Academy

Moderators: LBDad, LBDad, LBDad

LABertocci
How are you connected to water polo?: Professional Educator

June 2011 Recertification Deadline

Postby LABertocci » Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 pm

We have been fielding a steady stream of questions about the 1 June 2011 deadline for referee certification. Either way, we are sorry to report that we know no more than any of you.

I can tell you that we are still in business. I just finished a section of Advantage (WPR301) with twenty students, most of whom are (at least partially) interested in referee certification. With the contents of this course, the updated CURRENT list will be updated and made public by the end of the weekend. For those out there who still need referee certification, here is all I can offer you:
(1) in years past, being "enrolled" was treated as "current pro tem" pending the end of the course;
(2) we have no idea if this policy is still in place;
(3) we have no idea when the promised "free" training (a question we get a lot) will become available;
(4) our normal monthly cycle of courses begins again on 1 June;
(5) most acutely, for those interested in taking The Center (WPR401), the sooner you enroll, the sooner we can mail out the DVD containing the Referee Training Video. It is in HD and thus far superior to what you can see in any other video format.

We will do our best to help all of you out there with questions. We also hope that this information is helpful to at least some of you out there who have been in contact with us about these issues. I am posting this in such a public forum so that anyone traveling over the Memorial Day weekend can get at this information at any time.
Loren A. Bertocci
Director, Water Polo Academy

LABertocci

Re: June 2011 Recertification Deadline

Postby LABertocci » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm

For those of you who still need recertification, we have our next Major Fouls course starting tomorrow. We welcome all of you.
Loren A. Bertocci

LABertocci

Re: June 2011 Recertification Deadline

Postby LABertocci » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

OK, now that we are past whatever was the previous (unless it has changed again) deadline, I am no longer able to (interested in?) providing all of you with "deadline" information.

What I will assure you is that if the sections are large enough, we will offer our entire curriculum to those of you who want education and/or re-education. If you want whatever it is we offer, we are here for you. If not, I wish you only the best (personally and for the sport collectively).
Loren A. Bertocci