Washington & Jefferson Water Polo Camp 2020
Washington & Jefferson Water Polo Camp is more than a regular water polo camp. It is one of the unique water polo experiences available to young players – particularly in the Eastern and Midwestern United States. Our camp is a hands-on approach to water polo instruction delivered by coaches and players who have reached the top levels of their sport. Most importantly, much of the program’s training is done with the instructors in the water so that participants benefit from close-up, in-water demonstrations and interactions. This type of instruction is a rewarding, beneficial and unique experience for players of all ages. Participants are sure to gain a better understanding of the positions they play and key skills, moves, and techniques needed to elevate their overall game.
Camp Head Coach
- Washington & Jefferson Men’s and Women’s Head Coach
- USA National Team Head Coach Boys Cadet
- 20 years of coaching
All boys and girls ages 13 to 18 are welcome, regardless of experience or ability.
The only requirement is a desire to improve.
As a camper, you will meet and train under the direction of some of the nation’s top water polo coaches.
We will provide:
- High-Level Water Polo Training
- Position Focused Sessions
- 6 on 5 Focused Sessions
- Written Individual Evaluation
- Specialized Goalie Training
- 8 to 1 Coach to Student Ratio
Discount is available for group signups.
Schedule for the Camp
- 3:00-3:30 pm – Check-in
- 4:00-6:30 pm – Pool Session
- 7:00-7:45 pm Dinner
- 8:15-9:15 pm Classroom session
Day 2 & 3
- 8:00 pm – Breakfast
- 9:00-10:00 pm – Dryland session
- 10:00-12:00 pm – Pool Session
- 12:30-3:30 pm – Lunch and rest
- 4:00-5:30 pm – Pool Session (position work) or Video/Game Analysis
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- 7:00-9:00 pm – Pool Session
- 9:30 pm Recovery Snack
- 10:00 – Lights out
- 7:30 am – Breakfast
- 8:00 am – Prepare to check out of dorms
- 9:00-11:30 – Pool Session
- 11:45 – Camp pickup
Check-In & Pick Up Information
Check-in for ALL campers will be at the David Ross Recreational Center. Check-in will be between 3:00 – 3:30 pm on Sunday, June 24th.
Pickup for ALL campers will be at David Ross Recreational Center as well. Camp concludes at 11:45 a.m. on the final day of camp. A water session will happen in the morning
Housing and Meals:
Campers will stay and eat in the Washington & Jefferson College residence halls and dining commons. All of the rooms are airconditioned. Athletes stay 2 per room and may request one another. Groups of three or more will be roomed next to or across the hall from one another.
What to Bring:
- Sleeping bag/linens, pillow, personal sundries and alarm clock
If you cancel at least two weeks prior to the start of camp, you may receive a refund, less $50.00 administration fee. Cancellations within two weeks prior to the start of camp or failure to appear at the start of camp will not be refunded.
To register, click here, or fill out the form below.
For further questions and individual information (transportation, airport pick-ups, allergies…) please contact Nikola Malezanov – [email protected]