- NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION RELEASES BRACKET FOR 2019 NCAA MEN’S WATER POLO CHAMPIONSHIP - 11/26/2019
- USA Men’s Junior National Team Announces Roster For FINA Junior World Championship - 11/18/2019
- MEN’S NATIONAL COLLEGIATE CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP, Lindenwood wins again, USC comes second. All-Tournament team announced - 11/18/2019
National Director of Referees – USA Water Polo (Huntington Beach, CA)
SCOPE OF POSITION
USA Water Polo is committed to ensuring integrity in our game, which fair and consistent standards for officiating. Reporting directly to the Chief High Performance Officer (CHPO), the National Director of Referees is a strategic position tasked with working in concert with Zone Head Referees to ensure superior development, recruitment and effective on-going training of referees in each zone. This position is responsible for the administration and application of USA Water Polo’s and the USA Water Polo’s Referee Association (USAWPR) operational policies and procedures across the country.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Ensure the USAWP referee system is based on merit and not on patronage.
· On-going communication with Zone Head Referees on USAWPR Certification Requirements; evaluation and training opportunities; Referee Management Procedures; recruitment; in each Zone.
· Regular communication on policies/procedure and all updates on rules and interpretations.
· Maintain regular communication with all Referee Members in regard to USAWPR Policies and Procedures. Must be up-to-date with all current rule revisions and interpretations.
· Responsible for the continued development of the Delegate Evaluator Corp including but not limited to the operations, training and consistent application of evaluations for Referee Members.
· Develop and administer USA Water Polo Referee Certification Schools in each zone.
· Assignment of referees at USAWP National Events; ODP National Championships; Junior Olympics; Rocktober; Champions Cup; Dare to Dream Festival and Holiday Camp.
· Development and administration of USAWP Referee Certification schools in each zone.
· Annual evaluations of all USAWP Referees.
· Rating of Referees for FINA and UANA nominations and assignments.
· Direct responsibility for all operational aspects and logistics of the Arbiter One Referee management system.
· Management of the USAWP Referee Certification Level Retention and Advancement Program.
· Oversee the USAWP Incident Reporting system. Conduct monthly meetings with ZHR’s to overview.
· Record keeping and Management of Certification and Eligibility Requirements for USAWP Referees.
· Ensure the complete accountability for the Referee management and logistics for all USA Water Polo Sanctioned National Events, including all High-Performance Events.
· Other duties as detailed in the USAWP Zone Policies and Procedures, USAWP Conduct of Championships, and the ODP Operations Manual.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Collaboration and timely communication with CHPO, ZHR, and other USA Water Polo Staff as required.
· Effective functionality and operations of Arbiter One and On Line Referee management resources.
· Effective operation and incorporation of the Olympic Development Program into Referee Training and Development.
· Referee Membership growth and development.
· Professional appearance, conduct, and communication.
· Effective annual evaluations of referees.
§ Possess Administrative Leadership qualities
Proficient working knowledge of Google Drive, Excel, Word and Microsoft programs.
§ Detail and Action Plan Oriented
§ Previous experience in referee management and evaluation is preferred (not required).
§ Excellent Communication and Collaboration Skills
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available on weekends when needed ?
2. Are you willing to travel ?
3. Do you have previous referee or coaching experience? If yes, please go to #4
4. Do you have referee management experience?
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.