Predictions for 2022

Mens College Water Polo
arbolado
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Predictions for 2022

Postby arbolado » Wed May 11, 2022 8:49 am

I noticed looking at the Fisher Cup rosters that there is a Roberto Valera playing for LAACWP this weekend. Isn’t he one of the Spaniards from this past seasons Cal team? Does it mean anything eligibility wise that he’s playing for LAACWP?

5150wpdad
How are you connected to water polo?: Son has played since U10. Now plays in college.

Postby 5150wpdad » Wed May 11, 2022 11:03 am

arbolado wrote:I noticed looking at the Fisher Cup rosters that there is a Roberto Valera playing for LAACWP this weekend. Isn’t he one of the Spaniards from this past seasons Cal team? Does it mean anything eligibility wise that he’s playing for LAACWP?

In spite of their newly created million dollar coach slush fund, CAL apparently can't afford a travel club team. Others are participating from Cal as well (goalie and others). Should be some great games. No effect on eligibility.

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:57 am

5150wpdad wrote:
arbolado wrote:I noticed looking at the Fisher Cup rosters that there is a Roberto Valera playing for LAACWP this weekend. Isn’t he one of the Spaniards from this past seasons Cal team? Does it mean anything eligibility wise that he’s playing for LAACWP?

In spite of their newly created million dollar coach slush fund, CAL apparently can't afford a travel club team. Others are participating from Cal as well (goalie and others). Should be some great games. No effect on eligibility.

It probably has more to do with the academic calendar. USC and Cal both end the semester on Friday.

Presidio
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player

Postby Presidio » Wed May 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:

It probably has more to do with the academic calendar. USC and Cal both end the semester on Friday.

Thx. I thought LBS ended this week too and they are playing.

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:46 pm

Maybe I didn’t look at LB’s calendar

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Sat May 14, 2022 1:31 am

;-) "Gaming the system". No shame in that unless your name is Jovan or Wolf. ;-)

ruin4life
How are you connected to water polo?: water polo parent and fan of the sport

Postby ruin4life » Sat May 21, 2022 2:24 pm

HawkinsPolo4
How are you connected to water polo?: College water polo graduate, four-year high school player, and long time club player. Now coaching club year around and playing masters

Postby HawkinsPolo4 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:34 pm

Definitely a solid coaching staff for Flacks! I'm interested in seeing how Stanford as a team comes together on the men's side; from the last podcast interview he was featured it sounds like he has a lot of groundwork to cover in fundamentals but for him to bring in solid coaches across the board should bolster the program to be in the conversation this season.

I think with Papa back for Cal and coming off a Cutino Award season everyone's work is cut out for them.

Return to “Mens Varsity Water Polo”