2021 Season

Mens College Water Polo
WPhan
How are you connected to water polo?: College Water Polo fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby WPhan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:31 pm

What home cooking? Cal led in penalty fouls 3-0. Trojans played like they were hung over or waiting to take a date and go over to the Coliseum and watch the football game. Trojans horrible shooting .162 on field goal attempts and even worse .143 on power plays. In a close 1 point game a lot of points left in the water. Gotta get better by the time MPSF and NCAA champs come around.

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:39 pm

LB 9 UCSB 8. Why is Danny Roland not playing every game? I don’t understand what they are doing.

5150wpdad
How are you connected to water polo?: Son has played since U10. Now plays in college.

Postby 5150wpdad » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:07 pm

bennykovacs wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:Cal 7 USC 6. Both goalies were incredible and stopped some easy goals. Both defenses played well but both offenses did not. Lots of turnovers and unforced errors. I guess the Cal “home cooking” worked at USC too, right Wphan?

Everest getting a red card after the game was a petty move by the official.

Everest throwing his air horn 30 feet in the air at the end to celebrate was a douche move. Ref had no choice even if red card had no consequence. Goalie play on both sides was outstanding.

bennykovacs

Postby bennykovacs » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:41 am

5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:Cal 7 USC 6. Both goalies were incredible and stopped some easy goals. Both defenses played well but both offenses did not. Lots of turnovers and unforced errors. I guess the Cal “home cooking” worked at USC too, right Wphan?

Everest throwing his air horn 30 feet in the air at the end to celebrate was a douche move. Ref had no choice even if red card had no consequence. Goalie play on both sides was outstanding.

The official most certainly had a choice! He could just go home. Calling it a “douche move” is a absurd exaggeration. SC’s coach got a yellow after the second quarter; was that a “douche light move?” It’s an emotional game and a celebration not directed at the other team is perfectly ok.

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:13 am

bennykovacs wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:

The official most certainly had a choice! He could just go home. Calling it a “douche move” is a absurd exaggeration. SC’s coach got a yellow after the second quarter; was that a “douche light move?” It’s an emotional game and a celebration not directed at the other team is perfectly ok.

Yea, I agree, who gives a [email protected]#$ about throwing an air horn 30 feet into the air?! Really? Gheesh!

Horse585
How are you connected to water polo?: player, coach, fan, ref

Postby Horse585 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:47 am

Anytime an airhorn is tossed 28’ or more, with a parabola , automatic red card. Had Everest tossed it 27’ with no parabola, no red card.

5150wpdad
How are you connected to water polo?: Son has played since U10. Now plays in college.

Postby 5150wpdad » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:35 am

bennykovacs wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:

Pinta delayed the game by substituting late. He deserved it. The petty move was throwing a can to impress the handful of CAL fans sitting above your bench. Douche move.

5150wpdad

Postby 5150wpdad » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:35 am

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:

Yea, I agree, who gives a [email protected]#$ about throwing an air horn 30 feet into the air?! Really? Gheesh!

Apparently the refs.

5150wpdad

Postby 5150wpdad » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:36 am

Horse585 wrote:Anytime an airhorn is tossed 28’ or more, with a parabola , automatic red card. Had Everest tossed it 27’ with no parabola, no red card.

Well in fairness, he looked like a spaz who had too much sugar water during halftime when he launched it. I am sure he will perfect before MPSF.

BayBoy
How are you connected to water polo?: Masters player - love watching the game, from youth to masters.

Postby BayBoy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:25 am

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
pietro michele wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:UCLA 8 Stanford 6. Putting the camera behind the net for a stream is a terrible idea.

That may have been the worst stream I have ever seen for any purpose.. sports, concert, meeting, lecture, anything. Oof

Unwatchable. I flipped it off until the very end to see who won.

Strongly agree w RB and Pietro. It was like a bad traffic camera, purposely placed in the worst location. How can a sport claim it is determined to grow when young and old athletes - and fans - cannot watch the #2 play the #3 team in the country? Meanwhile high school streams have announcers and replays. Club teams have mom and dad livestreams.

USA water polo has a basic function as a promoter of the sport. It should approach the conferences, schools and NCAA and solve this...a la lacrosse twenty years ago!

bennykovacs

Postby bennykovacs » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:44 pm

5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:

Pinta delayed the game by substituting late. He deserved it. The petty move was throwing a can to impress the handful of CAL fans sitting above your bench. Douche move.

Now we know what has your panties in a bunch. Jovan has always been such a gracious loser; I guess you don’t have to worry about that, anymore. It’s great to see USC fans outnumbering Cal fans in LA. That always hasn’t been the case.

5150wpdad

Postby 5150wpdad » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 pm

bennykovacs wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:
5150wpdad wrote:
bennykovacs wrote:Everest getting a red card after the game was a petty move by the official.

Now we know what has your panties in a bunch. Jovan has always been such a gracious loser; I guess you don’t have to worry about that, anymore. It’s great to see USC fans outnumbering Cal fans in LA. That always hasn’t been the case.

Imagine a guy with no self awareness who whines on WPP about a red card that has no consequence. Stay classy.

mwb2001
How are you connected to water polo?: Player

Postby mwb2001 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:25 am

Fresno Pacific 10 - Santa Clara 7 from a few days ago. Surprised no one brought this up.

Justafan22
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Postby Justafan22 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:27 pm

mwb2001 wrote:Fresno Pacific 10 - Santa Clara 7 from a few days ago. Surprised no one brought this up.

Because everybody is too busy commenting on really important things, such as exactly how high the air horn got tossed :lol:

Sctrojanje
How are you connected to water polo?: Family and fan. Daughter plays, I played and wife coached and played

Postby Sctrojanje » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:59 pm

mwb2001 wrote:Fresno Pacific 10 - Santa Clara 7 from a few days ago. Surprised no one brought this up.

Kinda hard to follow or get excited for a team who's goal differential is -116 and give up a average of 18 goals per game

Return to “Mens Varsity Water Polo”