Water polo score updates

Boys High School Competition
PoloNHB
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Water polo score updates

Postby PoloNHB » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:42 pm

JFranpolo wrote:So-Cal Notes:

Foothill over Los Alamitos 11-8.

Foothill hurt Los Alamitos at two-meters and pulled away late after being tied at 7-7. Stanford-bound Liam Harrison was the difference while Foothill got solid all-around games from 2022 Noah Rowe and 2021 Jacob Layman. Los Alamitos' senior Gabriel Chang (headed to Brown) had a good all-around offensive game.

Palos Verdes over Long Beach Wilson 9-5......PV dropped on USA Youth Center Zac Crenshaw (1 goal) and Youth Team Member Gray Carson had 2 goals.

Harvard-Westlake over Loyola by 2 goals---Heard they were up 4 most of the game and then Loyola made a push.

Huntington Beach and Newport Harbor play today at 4.....

HB over Newport 17-11 this afternoon. HB didn't have Rozolis-Hill, Mirkovic or their starting setguard. Not a deep HB team with all of those guys out, but the younger Dodd and Bettino (sophomore) both were great contributors. Eli was strong for Newport, but HB led from start to finish.

LandLubber
How are you connected to water polo?: New fan.

Postby LandLubber » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:52 pm

Read younger Dodd had 6 goals!? Any idea why James and Nikola are still out?

GoBears!
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player, coach, official and parent.

Postby GoBears! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:48 am

badboy wrote:
jhwp wrote:
badboy wrote:
jhwp wrote:
badboy wrote:So Cathedral Catholic playing before SD County is able, out of their season and against a team from LA County? Gotta love those ethical Catholic schools lol.

And the winner in the category of jacka$$ comment of the year goes to . . .

Aw don't be sour. I mean, why hold anyone to the rules at this point, right?

If you're going to make clown comments then you should be sure to be accurate, otherwise guess who's the clown? San Diego county teams can do whatever they want currently including playing teams from non adjoining counties due to the temporary restraining order, so long as they have valid testing plans in place. So if you're in the mood for calling anyone out it should be the other schools, not making a crack at someone else's religion.

Actually acknowledged that above. And I certainly wasn’t making fun of anyone’s religion. I’m sure CCHS, Mater Dei, Oaks Christian etc are fine athletic mills, er, religious institutions.

Actually you were. Just apologize and move on.

GoBears!
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player, coach, official and parent.

Postby GoBears! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:52 am

PoloNHB wrote:
JFranpolo wrote:So-Cal Notes:

Foothill over Los Alamitos 11-8.

Foothill hurt Los Alamitos at two-meters and pulled away late after being tied at 7-7. Stanford-bound Liam Harrison was the difference while Foothill got solid all-around games from 2022 Noah Rowe and 2021 Jacob Layman. Los Alamitos' senior Gabriel Chang (headed to Brown) had a good all-around offensive game.
Palos Verdes over Long Beach Wilson 9-5......PV dropped on USA Youth Center Zac Crenshaw (1 goal) and Youth Team Member Gray Carson had 2 goals.
Harvard-Westlake over Loyola by 2 goals---Heard they were up 4 most of the game and then Loyola made a push.
Huntington Beach and Newport Harbor play today at 4.....

HB over Newport 17-11 this afternoon. HB didn't have Rozolis-Hill, Mirkovic or their starting setguard. Not a deep HB team with all of those guys out, but the younger Dodd and Bettino (sophomore) both were great contributors. Eli was strong for Newport, but HB led from start to finish.

What an interesting season this could have been. I am just thrilled the kids get even a little time in.

badboy
How are you connected to water polo?: parent

Postby badboy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:11 am

GoBears! wrote:
badboy wrote:
jhwp wrote:
badboy wrote:
jhwp wrote:And the winner in the category of jacka$$ comment of the year goes to . . .

Aw don't be sour. I mean, why hold anyone to the rules at this point, right?

If you're going to make clown comments then you should be sure to be accurate, otherwise guess who's the clown? San Diego county teams can do whatever they want currently including playing teams from non adjoining counties due to the temporary restraining order, so long as they have valid testing plans in place. So if you're in the mood for calling anyone out it should be the other schools, not making a crack at someone else's religion.

Actually acknowledged that above. And I certainly wasn’t making fun of anyone’s religion. I’m sure CCHS, Mater Dei, Oaks Christian etc are fine athletic mills, er, religious institutions.

No

GoBears!

Postby GoBears! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 pm

badboy wrote:
GoBears! wrote:
badboy wrote:
jhwp wrote:
badboy wrote:Aw don't be sour. I mean, why hold anyone to the rules at this point, right?

No
And there it is. Despite the fact that you were wrong and you did attack the Catholic faith you cannot bring yourself to say 'I was wr..wro..wron..wrong and I am sorry', says a lot about your character.

SoCal-NorCal
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, parent

Postby SoCal-NorCal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Agreed, glad to have the boys in the water even for only a few weeks.

Hey Badgirl, you really are an angry little guy...

wpolo93
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby wpolo93 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Oh, come on. Why some people are so quick to get offended? It is a big stretch to equate at attack (well-deserved or not, this is another question) on athletic programs of private Catholic high schools and even on the character of said schools with an attack on Catholic faith. It is true that different water polo parents enroll their kids in Catholic hs schools for different reasons, and athletic success is often one of the important ones, albeit clearly not the only one...

For what t is worth, in my neck of the woods DLS, Jesuit, St.Mary's are often some of the cleanest water polo teams. Does it have something to do with
Catholic faith? I do not know. Is it true that some kids go there for quality atmosphere, good education and quality water polo (in whatever order)? Definitely.

wpolo93
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby wpolo93 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:13 pm

badboy wrote:LOL, for a sport as tough as polo, this board sure has a bunch of whiney softc*ck parents on it.

I made no comment about Catholicism. I said that it was unethical to play against current guidelines, and that a Catholic school doing so was even worse, since said school preaches ethics as a main focus.

It has since been pointed out that it was a club team (assume Del Mar) and that they may or may not have played HW.

Some valid points, perhaps but, as expected, very immature.
Also, it is very naive to think that public schools in California are
not preaching... :) they do, perhaps even on a larger scale.

jlweath
How are you connected to water polo?: Was a player, age group coach, two sons played through college, and I am a fan

Postby jlweath » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:59 am

Santa Margarita 12 Orange Lutheran 9. Next Tuesday Mater Dei and Santa Margarita way each other for basically the Trinity Title.

jlweath
How are you connected to water polo?: Was a player, age group coach, two sons played through college, and I am a fan

Postby jlweath » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:48 pm

With the very short season coming to an end next week, below is what I could find in the Div1/2 teams games on the CIF SS site:

3/12 - Huntington Beach vs CDM, Laguna Beach vs JSerra
3/13 - Harvard Westlake vs Orange Lutheran, Newport vs Loyola
3/15 - Palos Verdes vs Redondo Union
3/16 - Harvard Westlake vs St Francis, Mater Dei vs Santa Margarita, Palos Verdes vs Loyola
3/17 - Newport vs Laguna Beach, Redondo Union vs Mira Costa
3/18 - Harvard Westlake vs Mira Costa, Foothill vs Palos Verdes, Hunting Beach vs CDM, Orange Lutheran vs JSerra
3/19 - Harvard Westlake vs Loyola, Newport vs Huntington Beach, Riverside Poly vs Servite
3/20 - Harvard Westlake vs Palos Verdes, Newport vs CDN, ML King vs Riverside Poly

Again some of the teams teams have not updated or not posted schedules - Dana Hills, Huntington Beach, Los Alamitos, Mira Costa, Oaks Christian, San Clemente, Santa Barbara, LB Wilson

LandLubber

Postby LandLubber » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 pm

From everything I've heard and read (primarily here), that 3/16 game of Mater Dei vs. Santa Margarita should be one for the ages. Both team have dominating centers and solid counterattacks. I suspect it will come down, as it often does, to who can control the 2M lines. Does anyone know if it will be live-streamed?

PoloNHB
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby PoloNHB » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:19 pm

LandLubber wrote:From everything I've heard and read (primarily here), that 3/16 game of Mater Dei vs. Santa Margarita should be one for the ages. Both team have dominating centers and solid counterattacks. I suspect it will come down, as it often does, to who can control the 2M lines. Does anyone know if it will be live-streamed?

“One for the ages” might be a bit over the top. Two good teams for sure and this game will decide league. As much as I appreciate the fact that the boys are being allowed to play an abbreviated season, the lack of many non league games and lack of cif playoffs makes this season less compelling.

As a smchs parent, aren’t you allowed on deck to watch the game?

LandLubber

Postby LandLubber » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:32 pm

My granddaughter goes to SM and played when she was younger (which is how I became a fan of the sport), but I don’t think I can just show up as it sounds like attendance will be limited.

polopost
How are you connected to water polo?: Played in high school and college

Postby polopost » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:17 pm

jlweath wrote:With the very short season coming to an end next week, below is what I could find in the Div1/2 teams games on the CIF SS site:

3/12 - Huntington Beach vs CDM, Laguna Beach vs JSerra
3/13 - Harvard Westlake vs Orange Lutheran, Newport vs Loyola
3/15 - Palos Verdes vs Redondo Union
3/16 - Harvard Westlake vs St Francis, Mater Dei vs Santa Margarita, Palos Verdes vs Loyola
3/17 - Newport vs Laguna Beach, Redondo Union vs Mira Costa
3/18 - Harvard Westlake vs Mira Costa, Foothill vs Palos Verdes, Hunting Beach vs CDM, Orange Lutheran vs JSerra
3/19 - Harvard Westlake vs Loyola, Newport vs Huntington Beach, Riverside Poly vs Servite
3/20 - Harvard Westlake vs Palos Verdes, Newport vs CDN, ML King vs Riverside Poly

Again some of the teams teams have not updated or not posted schedules - Dana Hills, Huntington Beach, Los Alamitos, Mira Costa, Oaks Christian, San Clemente, Santa Barbara, LB Wilson

Dana hills (Not updated since 2018-19 https://www.danahillsathletics.com/page ... son=542083), HB seems similar, Los Al same, Mira Costa same,Oaks Christian:
https://www.oakschristian.org/athletics ... eam-id/366 , San Clemente no update, Santa Barbara area : https://www.noozhawk.com/sports, long beach wilson: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Vv ... yz2wo/edit

Return to “High School BOYS”