Schurr over Agoura

Semis- Redlands East Valley and San Juan Hills

Slowerswimmer

Re: 2021 CIFSS D2 Thread

Postby Slowerswimmer » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:31 pm

caliwaterpolo wrote:Final

Schurr over Agoura

Semis- Redlands East Valley and San Juan Hills

How many teams are playing in El Toro’s D2 Shootout this weekend? Is there any updates to CIFSS polls?

Ewater
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach, fan, played in high school and college, parent

Postby Ewater » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:22 am

How many teams are playing in El Toro’s D2 Shootout this weekend? Is there any updates to CIFSS polls?[/quote]

It looks like there are 12 so far. Based on what I’ve seen/heard, I believe Yorba Linda wins this tournament.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Ewater
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach, fan, played in high school and college, parent

Postby Ewater » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:38 pm

El Toro D2 Shootout results:

Championship
Servite 7
Westlake 5
Servite lead from start to finish including by 4 for a stretch. Westlake got a few late goals to tighten the score up. Servite was missing players including one of their better all-around players and another contributor due to injury and illness respectively. Westlake is a program that continues to improve. Their players play for South Coast and LAWPC club teams.
3rd place
Edison 10
San Juan Hills 9
Both teams look much improved in recent seasons.
5th place
Yorba Linda17
Irvine 10
Irvine is building a strong foundation with coach Timon (Patriot coach). They start several Freshman.
7th place
Capo Valley 13
Murrieta Valley 9
9. South Pasadena
10. El Toro
11. Tesoro
12. Norte Dame (SO)
Other games of note day 1
Westlake 11
Yorba Linda 10 (O/T)
Yorba Linda’s starting goalie was injured in this game. I was told (not confirmed) that he may miss the remainder of the season.

I believe La Serna won the Chino Hills tournament this weekend. I could not find a link to the results to confirm. REV had a pretty good showing at the SB Tournament this weekend. IMO, the most impressive D2 win this season (at least on paper) is San Marcos beating Los Osos by 5 at the SB Tourney this weekend. SM has also beaten Westlake by 4 and Redondo Union by 1. There was a lot of parity at the D2 Shootout this weekend I hope that holds true throughout the division. It will make for an exciting and competitive season. The first polls should be out tomorrow.

oldtimer
How are you connected to water polo?: All of the above

Postby oldtimer » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:30 pm

Looks like a number of teams have not reported all of their results to CIF, so this is pretty thin data. At the moment, in no particular order, these are the teams with the best looking records:

Westlake
Aliso Niguel
San Marcos
Irvine
Edison

baker.william
How are you connected to water polo?: WP Parent

Postby baker.william » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:45 pm

Ewater wrote:El Toro D2 Shootout results:

Championship
Servite 7
Westlake 5
Servite lead from start to finish including by 4 for a stretch. Westlake got a few late goals to tighten the score up. Servite was missing players including one of their better all-around players and another contributor due to injury and illness respectively. Westlake is a program that continues to improve. Their players play for South Coast and LAWPC club teams.
3rd place
Edison 10
San Juan Hills 9
5th place
Yorba Linda17
Irvine 10
Irvine is building a strong foundation with coach Timon (Patriot coach). They start several Freshman.
7th place
Capo Valley 13
Murrieta Valley 9
9. South Pasadena
10. El Toro
11. Tesoro
12. Norte Dame (SO)
Westlake 11
Yorba Linda 10 (O/T)
Yorba Linda’s starting goalie was injured in this game. I was told (not confirmed) that he may miss the remainder of the season.

I believe La Serna won the Chino Hills tournament this weekend. I could not find a link to the results to confirm. REV had a pretty good showing at the SB Tournament this weekend. IMO, the most impressive D2 win this season (at least on paper) is San Marcos beating Los Osos by 5 at the SB Tourney this weekend. SM has also beaten Westlake by 4 and Redondo Union by 1. There was a lot of parity at the D2 Shootout this weekend I hope that holds true throughout the division. It will make for an exciting and competitive season. The first polls should be out tomorrow.

Chadwick won the Thrills in The Hills Tournament Diamond Division with a 9 - 7 victory over Alta Loma. They did beat La Serna in the tournament, 13-9 after overcoming a 4 goal deficit.

Ewater

Postby Ewater » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:32 am

baker.william wrote:
Ewater wrote:El Toro D2 Shootout results:

Championship
Servite 7
Westlake 5
3rd place
Edison 10
San Juan Hills 9
5th place
Yorba Linda17
Irvine 10
7th place
Capo Valley 13
Murrieta Valley 9
9. South Pasadena
10. El Toro
11. Tesoro
12. Norte Dame (SO)
Westlake 11
Yorba Linda 10 (O/T)

Chadwick won the Thrills in The Hills Tournament Diamond Division with a 9 - 7 victory over Alta Loma. They did beat La Serna in the tournament, 13-9 after overcoming a 4 goal deficit.

Yes, I saw that. Congrats to Chadwick. Coach Lynn has the team playing well so far. I was initially sent that score in reverse. The division is as wide open as any. Another team to keep an eye out for is University.

Ewater

Postby Ewater » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Tuesday
Aliso Niguel 13
Capo Valley 6

La Serna 19
El Toro 8

Wednesday
Edison 17
Marina 7

SJH 10
Aliso Niguel 8

Thursday
Servite 10
Yorba Linda 6

Westlake 11
Newbury Park 10

Friday
San Marcos 14
La Serna 13
Last edited by Ewater on Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saveharts
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Saveharts » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Ewater wrote:Tuesday
Aliso Niguel 13
Capo Valley 6

La Serna 19
El Toro 8

Wednesday
Edison 17
Marina 7

SJH 10
Aliso Niguel 8

Thursday
Servite 10
Yorba Linda 6

Westlake 11
Newbury Park(D?) 10

Friday
San Marcos 14
La Serna 13

Newbury Park D2. Most of the starters are juniors.

Ewater

Postby Ewater » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:39 pm

Villa Park Classic tournament this weekend:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true

Eight of the ten currently ranked D2 teams are participating. There should be some tight, competitive games.

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:48 am

Using my trial power scores, and with limited CIF data (not all scores from the Villa Park tournament had been entered when I collected them), I have the following top 10:

1. Aliso Niguel
2. San Marcos
3. Servite
4. University
5. Yorba Linda
6. Redlands East Valley
7. Chadwick
8. Westlake
9. Villa Park
10. La Serna

SetDx2
How are you connected to water polo?: Parent of 2 HS polo players

Postby SetDx2 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:27 am

I would add San Juan Hills to your list as they finished third in the Villa Park tournament beating San Marcos (12-9), Yorba Linda (19-17) and Westlake (11-3) before dropping a 9-8 game to Aliso in the quarterfinals. San Juan had previously beaten Aliso 10-8, lost to Westlake 11-9, and lost to Servite 12-9. At this point, I would say Servite would be first. You can make an argument for pretty much any order of Aliso, Yorba Linda, San Juan Hills, or Westlake as those teams have played very close games amongst themselves and common opponents. I think you have Uni to high and I haven’t seen REV or Chadwick yet this season.

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:31 am

Do you have a link to the results for Villa Park? I only have the schedule link, which was not updated with scores.

SetDx2

Postby SetDx2 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:06 pm

I do not.

SetDx2

Postby SetDx2 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 pm

This week’s new CIF rankings with Servite, Aliso, and San Juan current top three.

https://cifss.org/sports/boys-water-polo/polls/

Return to “High School BOYS”