2021 CIFSS D1 Thread

Boys High School Competition
JFranpolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Water polo scout for USA water polo....ODP program

Re: 2021 CIFSS D1 Thread

Postby JFranpolo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Foothill 14-8 over Los Alamitos

Foothill, led by the potent senior tandem of UCLA-bound Noah Rowe and USC-bound Jackson Matos cruised to a solid victory over Los Alamitos. The game was 4-2 Foothill when senior standout Caleb Francisco (Los Al) was charged with his 3rd exclusion early on in the 2nd quarter. From there Foothill stretched the lead and eventually took over the game. Los Alamitos put forth a resilient effort with a plethora of underclassmen to keep the game relatively close.

Foothill was lead by Noah Rowe, Jackson Matos, and up and coming junior Bronson Birdsall. All three poured in 4 goals. On a side note, Foothill lost their starting center to a broken foot earlier in the weak, which will hurt their depth. However, the Knights are one of the more improved teams in So Cal and have a chance to creep up to the No. 5 slot before playoffs.

The Griffins got a pair of goals from junior Nick Keane and sophomore Mac Marr.

Ewater
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach, fan, played in high school and college, parent

Postby Ewater » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:17 pm

McKlintock wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:
LandLubber wrote:JSerra over SM 13-5. SM looked better than I had anticipated with the posts here thus far. JSerra less so.

I am not following. JSerra crushed SM 13-5 and SM impressed you and JSerra did not? Was the score not indicative of how the teams played?

Agree that it was a pretty good beating, but Landlubber is a big fan of SM and one of their players in particular.

Spencer Averitt is a beast. Extremely athletic. He has as high of a ceiling as any Junior in the country.

Presidio
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player

Postby Presidio » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Ewater wrote:
McKlintock wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:
LandLubber wrote:JSerra over SM 13-5. SM looked better than I had anticipated with the posts here thus far. JSerra less so.

I am not following. JSerra crushed SM 13-5 and SM impressed you and JSerra did not? Was the score not indicative of how the teams played?

Agree that it was a pretty good beating, but Landlubber is a big fan of SM and one of their players in particular.

Spencer Averitt is a beast. Extremely athletic. He has as high of a ceiling as any Junior in the country.

Maybe you and LandLubber should start a Spencer Averitt fan page thread?

Nohorsepolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Polo dad

Postby Nohorsepolo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:43 pm

Presidio wrote:
Ewater wrote:
McKlintock wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:

Might as well add jfranpolo and Caleb Francisco to the fan club page as well

Ewater
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach, fan, played in high school and college, parent

Postby Ewater » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:46 pm

Nohorsepolo wrote:
Presidio wrote:
Ewater wrote:
McKlintock wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:

Great additions to the thread guys! I should have known that making a positive observation about a D1 player on a D1 thread would be too much for some people. I’ll make sure to whine and trash a player or team in my next post. It’s top level insight like this that reminds me why the WPP community is so special.

Presidio
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player

Postby Presidio » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:43 am

Ewater wrote:
Nohorsepolo wrote:
Presidio wrote:
Ewater wrote:
McKlintock wrote:Agree that it was a pretty good beating, but Landlubber is a big fan of SM and one of their players in particular.

Great additions to the thread guys! I should have known that making a positive observation about a D1 player on a D1 thread would be too much for some people. I’ll make sure to whine and trash a player or team in my next post. It’s top level insight like this that reminds me why the WPP community is so special.

Ok dad!

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:29 am

Presidio wrote:
Ewater wrote:
Nohorsepolo wrote:
Presidio wrote:
Ewater wrote:

Ok dad!

Yea, anyone who's been around longer than year a should already know about WPP's unofficial "rule" against promoting your own kid. Honestly, it's problematic to "promote" anyone here even if it's not your kid! Welcome to the harsh reality that makes WPP so special.

JFranpolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Water polo scout for USA water polo....ODP program

Postby JFranpolo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:44 am

There is a difference between promoting your own kid and being an objective observer (scout).

stickman

Postby stickman » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:33 pm

There is a difference between promoting your own kid and being an objective observer (scout).”

Not really. Not when the posts hide behind the veil of anonymity. Anyone is entitled to share their opinions about a game, a team, a coach or a player…but without putting your name behind it, its just an opinion, with limited credibility. The anonymous ‘scouting reports’ are interesting and fun to read, but no more credible than dad’s ‘coverage’ of his own son.

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:54 pm

stickman wrote:There is a difference between promoting your own kid and being an objective observer (scout).”

Not really. Not when the posts hide behind the veil of anonymity. Anyone is entitled to share their opinions about a game, a team, a coach or a player…but without putting your name behind it, its just an opinion, with limited credibility. The anonymous ‘scouting reports’ are interesting and fun to read, but no more credible than dad’s ‘coverage’ of his own son.

Except Jfran is accurate with his assessments. I think those who know would generally agree. The comment that got jumped on was completely out of context so it deserved all the razzing that it got.

SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Postby SwimCoach » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:Except Jfran is accurate with his assessments. I think those who know would generally agree. The comment that got jumped on was completely out of context so it deserved all the razzing that it got.

I agree. JFran’s comments always seem to be very fair, pretty spot on and do not single out a sponge player.
Last edited by SwimCoach on Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

gumby12300
How are you connected to water polo?: coach, i live and breath water polo

Postby gumby12300 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 pm

SHP 8 Newport 7

SHP had momentum in the 1st half, and Newport mostly controlled the second half. One of SHP’s big time starters that was out the first half of the season scored the go ahead goal with less than 2 minutes remaining. SHP goalie Griff Price was huge for the Gators, while the two Newport lefties were causing problems on the 4-5 side most of the game. Really great game to watch, in my opinion if SHP and MD meet in the North South finals next weekend that game will arguably be the closest we will get to having a HS state championship match.

stickman

Postby stickman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:30 am

Actually Ewaters comment was pretty accurate too.
That’s the thing about a little sport like water polo with zero credible media coverage. Those ‘in the know’ don’t know as much as they think.

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:52 am

stickman wrote:Actually Ewaters comment was pretty accurate too.
That’s the thing about a little sport like water polo with zero credible media coverage. Those ‘in the know’ don’t know as much as they think.

Yep it was accurate and deserving of ridicule as well

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:31 am

MD wasn't at the S&R 12...at least they are going to the North/South Tournament,...where they'll be playing good teams and hopefully will beat SHP in the Final. Where is HB? Oh yeh, nowhere to be seen, but hey, at least they won the S&R nothingness tournament while playing virtually nobody.

Return to “High School BOYS”