2021 CIFSS D1 Thread

Boys High School Competition
rhtitanpolo
How are you connected to water polo?: parent, player, fan

Re: 2021 CIFSS D1 Thread

Postby rhtitanpolo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:02 am

Saturday 10/9

Los Al 11 Palos Verdes 8

A reversal from 3 weeks ago at the South Coast tournament, when PV won. Los Al maintained a 3-4 goal lead most of this game. PV couldn't stop Los Al's outside shooting. Los Al goalie also had a solid game.

CoachMCH1
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan. Parent.

Postby CoachMCH1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:28 am

HB 16-8 over Oaks. 11-1 at halftime.

Nohorsepolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Polo dad

Postby Nohorsepolo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:40 pm

CoachMCH1 wrote:HB 16-8 over Oaks. 11-1 at halftime.

Seems like a beat down was in process that got called off at the half. Maybe you could give us a run down?? Can’t be good that Kocur was gone for the first 2 weeks of the season at his side job. Oaks kids hanging for their coach to come home from vacation to get HS season rolling

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:14 am

Nohorsepolo wrote:
CoachMCH1 wrote:HB 16-8 over Oaks. 11-1 at halftime.

Seems like a beat down was in process that got called off at the half. Maybe you could give us a run down?? Can’t be good that Kocur was gone for the first 2 weeks of the season at his side job. Oaks kids hanging for their coach to come home from vacation to get HS season rolling

Kocur should get a different job...just a suggestion.

jeff
How are you connected to water polo?: I am a fan.

Postby jeff » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:26 am

HB 9, Laguna Beach 6
Newport 16, CdM 5
HW 12, Campolindo 8 in overtime (HW plays SHP tonight)
JSerra 11, OLu 9
Foothill 9, Mira Costa 5

JFranpolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Water polo scout for USA water polo....ODP program

Postby JFranpolo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm

jeff wrote:HB 9, Laguna Beach 6
Newport 16, CdM 5
HW 12, Campolindo 8 in overtime (HW plays SHP tonight)
JSerra 11, OLu 9
Foothill 9, Mira Costa 5

Heard West Temkin had 20 saves....

In the OLU vs JSerra game...It was tied at half and was told that sophomore center Will Schneider took over in the 3rd period.

jeff

Postby jeff » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:37 pm

HW 14, SHP 13. If the FOSH is accurate, Brian Flacks started sophomore James Peace at goalie.

JSerra 14, Miramonte 5

Archie Williams 10, Oaks Christian 9

Laguna Beach 17, Bellarmine 8

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:50 am

jeff wrote:HW 14, SHP 13. If the FOSH is accurate, Brian Flacks started sophomore James Peace at goalie.

The witch doctor does it again. The stretch run in CIF-SS is starting to get real. The "unsuspecting" (who shall remain nameless) are soon to be schooled. Congrats to HW for a big win. They'll meet up again this Saturday in the semi's at the North/South. Let's hope HW can repeat this win. I would love to see a MD vs HW final...It would bring back very fond memories.

DJGavin9
How are you connected to water polo?: By love

Postby DJGavin9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:42 pm

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:Orsmby is a miracle worker...I'm pulling for him while others are trying to tear him down.

Not following. Seems like he has the biggest fan club around.
You'd be surprised, many are trying to tear him down behind the scenes accusing him of ridiculous "unfair recruiting techniques". I assure you, there is nothing there.

Lol. "I assure you," ha. Name the accusations that are out there and then why they are untrue.

Start with the family that was hosting illegal contact dinners at their home and then when they heard the stuff Ormsby was promising to potential incoming Freshman and possible transfers, transfered their son to SM.

Can you explain how all the best ODP kids from South OC to LA (yes even in Flacks' kids) got letters from JSerra admissions director. By the way none of these kids ever contacted Brett or JSerra. Ask Flacks.

Also ask: Sinclair (Newport) Anderson (MD), Sasa (HB), Johnson (SM), Damto (Laguna).

2plyBathingSuit
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:44 am

DJGavin9 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:Orsmby is a miracle worker...I'm pulling for him while others are trying to tear him down.

You'd be surprised, many are trying to tear him down behind the scenes accusing him of ridiculous "unfair recruiting techniques". I assure you, there is nothing there.

Lol. "I assure you," ha. Name the accusations that are out there and then why they are untrue.

Start with the family that was hosting illegal contact dinners at their home and then when they heard the stuff Ormsby was promising to potential incoming Freshman and possible transfers, transfered their son to SM.

Can you explain how all the best ODP kids from South OC to LA (yes even in Flacks' kids) got letters from JSerra admissions director. By the way none of these kids ever contacted Brett or JSerra. Ask Flacks.

Also ask: Sinclair (Newport) Anderson (MD), Sasa (HB), Johnson (SM), Damto (Laguna).

Well then, looks like you've got "the goods" on Orsmby. Let me know when the FBI comes to arrest him and/or when he suddenly disappears. No small wonder why Ormsby has all these other coaches so worried. With promises like that (whatever those were), why go anywhere else! lol

arbolado
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby arbolado » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am

DJGavin9 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:

I think it’s comedy that you use MD and HB as examples piousness. How did that Irvine kid that had to sit out show up at HB? And MD must have an employee in the CIF compliance office with how they get around relocations. I mean let’s not forget those two football players that transferred to MD from Rancho Cucamonga then transferred back to RC during the same school year so they could graduate with their friends. kind of hard to believe that kind of stuff doesn’t trickle down to other sports.

2plyBathingSuit
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:09 am

arbolado wrote:
DJGavin9 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:

I think it’s comedy that you use MD and HB as examples piousness. How did that Irvine kid that had to sit out show up at HB? And MD must have an employee in the CIF compliance office with how they get around relocations. I mean let’s not forget those two football players that transferred to MD from Rancho Cucamonga then transferred back to RC during the same school year so they could graduate with their friends. kind of hard to believe that kind of stuff doesn’t trickle down to other sports.

Yea, I agree...but you'd be amazed (or not) at how many HS coaches are afraid that Ormsby is starting to rain on their "comfortable" parade.

Justafan22
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Postby Justafan22 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
arbolado wrote:
DJGavin9 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:

Yea, I agree...but you'd be amazed (or not) at how many HS coaches are afraid that Ormsby is starting to rain on their "comfortable" parade.

Well that's the unfair advantage that private schools have over public schools. They can 'recruit' from outside their boundaries from as far as they wish, and then compete against public schools for the same playoff spots, then some people raise flags when a player from say SOCAL transfers to Foothill, or a Newport WP club player transfers to Newport Harbor, and they don't live within those schools boundaries, because that's not supposed to be fair, and those kids end up having to sit out for a year.

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Justafan22 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
arbolado wrote:
DJGavin9 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote: You'd be surprised, many are trying to tear him down behind the scenes accusing him of ridiculous "unfair recruiting techniques". I assure you, there is nothing there.

Well that's the unfair advantage that private schools have over public schools. They can 'recruit' from outside their boundaries from as far as they wish, and then compete against public schools for the same playoff spots, then some people raise flags when a player from say SOCAL transfers to Foothill, or a Newport WP club player transfers to Newport Harbor, and they don't live within those schools boundaries, because that's not supposed to be fair, and those kids end up having to sit out for a year.

Can we at least start calling it an advantage? Unfair just sounds whiny and jealous. The sit out period is a proper penalty for transferring. It “punishes” public and private schools alike, including Mater Dei, Foothill, OLu, and Huntington Beach (off the top of my head). A bit of advice though, don’t leave skid marks on the way out, because the old school is the one that can file a grievance with CIF that leads to those 1 year sit outs.

jeff

Postby jeff » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Newport 12, SHP 8
OLu 16, Menlo 12

Return to “High School BOYS”