2021 CIFSS D1 Thread

Boys High School Competition
Justafan22
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Re: 2021 CIFSS D1 Thread

Postby Justafan22 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:18 pm

JFranpolo wrote:
arbolado wrote:I heard one of olu’s main players was hurt last night and may not be available for CIF. Any more info on that?

Reed Pantaleon (OLU) broke his nose according to my sources vs Santa Margarita, but I will not go into the details and I'm not sure he'll play next week. if he doesn't play that is a devastating loss for OLU......He is arguably their best all-around player and the glue to that team in my opinion.

That would be a shame, if he could not play. I believe he is a senior and this is his last go around. Unless I'm wrong and he is a junior. I believe he has a younger sister coming up into high school WP , and could continue the family tree at OLU

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:19 am

Olu, please...I shed no tears for them. Perhaps next year is their year...or maybe not.

jeff
How are you connected to water polo?: I am a fan.

Postby jeff » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 pm

HB draws the No. 1 seed and plays OLu in the first round.

https://cifss.org/brackets/2021-boys-water-polo/

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:03 pm

In the D1 bracket. Tough draw for Santa Barbara. Potential 2nd round matchup at Mira Costa (who I predict will win that game). My final 4 would be Loyola, PV, Los Alamitos and Mira Costa.

LandLubber
How are you connected to water polo?: New fan.

Postby LandLubber » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:31 pm

Not LB Wilson over PV?

BayBoy
How are you connected to water polo?: Masters player - love watching the game, from youth to masters.

Postby BayBoy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:51 pm

H2Opolo10 wrote:HB should get the 1 seed. The head to head matchup win vs Mater Dei is worth a lot, early in the season or not. I don’t think HB had an easier schedule than MD, either. Using Jeff’s current rankings, MD played top 10 teams 8 times and HB played top 10 teams 11 times. MD played top 4 teams 4 times to HB’s 5. MD went 2-2 in those 4 games and HB went 3-2, with one of those wins being against MD. Correct me if I’m wrong on their records/number of games I just used to make the point. If accurate, there’s plenty there to give HB the 1 seed. It shouldn’t be left up to a coin flip, in my opinion.

Head to head speaks for itself. The (above) records against the Top 4 is interesting. A tough call, but fair committee ruling in that light. Good health to all teams. Hopefully each game will be broadcast. Gonna be great.

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:29 pm

LandLubber wrote:Not LB Wilson over PV?

Just my prediction. Whoever wins the flip for location is probably the favorite.

retiredguy
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player, fan

Postby retiredguy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:10 pm

Santa Barbara is always tough in the playoffs, seems like there have been mixed reports on the starting goalie being injured or not though — does anyone know if he will be healthy for the playoffs?

Tomwater5

Postby Tomwater5 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:15 am

Rbpolo0414 wrote:In the D1 bracket. Tough draw for Santa Barbara. Potential 2nd round matchup at Mira Costa (who I predict will win that game). My final 4 would be Loyola, PV, Los Alamitos and Mira Costa.

I know they were close with Los Alamitos up north two starters down and having played and beat Campo that same day in a defensive grinder without those same two starters. What do you base this prediction on?
Their previous victory over MC earlier this year or something else?

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:45 am

Tomwater5 wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:In the D1 bracket. Tough draw for Santa Barbara. Potential 2nd round matchup at Mira Costa (who I predict will win that game). My final 4 would be Loyola, PV, Los Alamitos and Mira Costa.

I know they were close with Los Alamitos up north two starters down and having played and beat Campo that same day in a defensive grinder without those same two starters. What do you base this prediction on?

Which team are you talking about?

GoBears!
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player, coach, official and parent.

Postby GoBears! » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:39 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
Tomwater5 wrote:

I believe he is referring to the Dons.

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:59 pm

GoBears! wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:
Tomwater5 wrote:

Mira Costa almost always gets stronger as the season goes on and they are tough at home. So I’m basing it on that and the 2 hour commute for SB. They also might have the best goalie in the D1 division

Tomwater5

Postby Tomwater5 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
GoBears! wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:
Tomwater5 wrote:

Mira Costa almost always gets stronger as the season goes on and they are tough at home. So I’m basing it on that and the 2 hour commute for SB. They also might have the best goalie in the D1 division

I would imagine all teams get better over the season, but that is just a generization.
SB beat Campo, down two starters. Campo has a national team goalie in Tempkin.
They beat them in norcal. On the road.

Anything else?

Source for this info is all on this site.

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:35 pm

Tomwater5 wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:
GoBears! wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:
Tomwater5 wrote:I know they were close with Los Alamitos up north two starters down and having played and beat Campo that same day in a defensive grinder without those same two starters. What do you base this prediction on?

I would imagine all teams get better over the season, but that is just a generization.

Anything else?

We’ll see what happens. I’m picking Mira Costa.

polopost
How are you connected to water polo?: Played in high school and college

Postby polopost » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
Tomwater5 wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:
GoBears! wrote:
Rbpolo0414 wrote:Which team are you talking about?

Anything else?

We’ll see what happens. I’m picking Mira Costa.[/quote
SB by 2 v Mira Costa I don't feel travel an issue on a Saturday. Weekday yes. Weekend no
Last edited by polopost on Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “High School BOYS”