Olympics--pushing off

Referee Issues moderated by WPP's Righteous Referee

Moderator: Righteous Referee

oldtimer
How are you connected to water polo?: All of the above

Re: Olympics--pushing off

Postby oldtimer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 pm

What I am saying is that it appears that the defender's head snaps back right as the driver flips over, so that may be what the referee called. In the old days (when I played), if you put your face in the way of a foot that was your fault! Today, any head/neck contact is supposed to be automatically called.

Again, no referee in this clip so I don't know what was being called in reality, but my guess would be the (apparent) kick to the face.

thesupernuge
How are you connected to water polo?: Player, Coach etc

Re: Olympics--pushing off

Postby thesupernuge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm

oldtimer wrote:What I am saying is that it appears that the defender's head snaps back right as the driver flips over, so that may be what the referee called. In the old days (when I played), if you put your face in the way of a foot that was your fault! Today, any head/neck contact is supposed to be automatically called.

Again, no referee in this clip so I don't know what was being called in reality, but my guess would be the (apparent) kick to the face.

You are probably right. I slowed it down to .25 speed. When the O player flips over the D player holds and might have been kicked. You see him pull his head back when his head was underwater. Still not sure that's the right call especially if the D is holding on the drive. Not easy to give a real 'kick' while swimming away...

Return to “The Quicker Kicker Outer”