TruWest TruEast Caps and Return Policy Fiasco

Scallywags and Varmints
Water-Polo-Fan

Re: TruWest

Postby Water-Polo-Fan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:09 am

Jackrabbit wrote:Polofan,
Sounds as if you have an axe to grind. Your words say much about you. Good luck with whatever your involvement in Polo.

Not at all. It's not personal, it's just business and common sense. I use to give Tru-West my business, but after a couple bad experiences and at least a year and a half of reading some pretty strange posts by its leader, I decided to take my business elsewhere. I haven't regretted the decision one but and I doubt Tru-West has missed my business. I do know that Tru-West missed the business that didn't come their way after I've told others of my experiences with them. Customer service is still paramount in todays business world.

IF you don't agree with each counter statement I made to your devotional post to Tru-West, so be it. But an axe to grind? Not at all. Just stating opinion and personal experience.

Jackrabbit

Postby Jackrabbit » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:26 am

IF you don't agree with each counter statement I made to your devotional post to Tru-West, so be it. But an axe to grind? Not at all. Just stating opinion and personal experience.

I am sorry you are such an angry man. No devotional, just stating my preference in vendors. Your references to the deposed Dr. Ma and Gary Westwell give you away. I am sorry but I do not believe this is simply a vendor choice.

If I knew you, maybe I could have a different opinion of another devoted polo fan like myself.

Water-Polo-Fan

Postby Water-Polo-Fan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:00 am

Jackrabbit wrote: I am sorry you are such an angry man. No devotional, just stating my preference in vendors. Your references to the deposed Dr. Ma and Gary Westwell give you away. I am sorry but I do not believe this is simply a vendor choice. If I knew you, maybe I could have a different opinion of another devoted polo fan like myself.

I don't understand how I'm an angry man for simply stating that I've had bad experiences with Tru-West. It's a fact. When I had those bad experiences, I didn't come on this board and rail against Tru-West and shout to the world because I thought they weren't a good company. I realize now, based on other posts recounting bad customer serice, that I'm not alone. Because I stated I thought Gary's rants on this board made both he and his company look foolish I'm suddenly an "angry man?" It's funny, you can talk about how wonderful Tru-West has been to you and wax poetic in describing your experience with them and that's ok. But heaven forbid someone post something in opposition to your opinion.

Learn to realize that people are going to disagree with your opinion from time to time, Jackster. That's just life. It's not personal, it's business. I'm extremely happy not using Tru-West. Your're extremely happy using Tru-West. Good for you, good for me. We both win. Don't be angry because some of us don't share the same devotion to Tru-West that you do. It's not that big of a deal.

vtapolo
How are you connected to water polo?: referee

Postby vtapolo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 pm

Learn to realize that people are going to disagree with your opinion from time to time, Jackster. That's just life. It's not personal, it's business. I'm extremely happy not using Tru-West. Your're extremely happy using Tru-West. Good for you, good for me. We both win. Don't be angry because some of us don't share the same devotion to Tru-West that you do. It's not that big of a deal

Well put, it is not a big deal - everyone get over it - let's see what will happen ....

Rafael Ruano

Postby Rafael Ruano » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Update

I shipped the caps to the supplier on 9/22/07. They should have arrived last week on Monday or Tuesday...Wednesday at the latest. I have not heard from TruWest or the supplier yet. I plan on calling TruWest by the end of the week if I do not hear from them.

Jackrabbit

Postby Jackrabbit » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:00 pm

vtapolo wrote:Learn to realize that people are going to disagree with your opinion from time to time, Jackster. That's just life. It's not personal, it's business. I'm extremely happy not using Tru-West. Your're extremely happy using Tru-West. Good for you, good for me. We both win. Don't be angry because some of us don't share the same devotion to Tru-West that you do. It's not that big of a deal

Well put, it is not a big deal - everyone get over it - let's see what will happen ....

vta

Your words are sound advice.... I am certain you mean this advice for Polofan. However I have learned that lesson some time ago. Sometimes good people and good vendors should hear from the happy silent majority.

see you pool side.....

G Westwell

Raf's return of caps to manufacturer has been received.

Postby G Westwell » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:08 pm

According to our supplier, End user of caps called defective, has abused the caps in question, as of today that is what truWest has been officially advised by the manufacturer. Since simple testing of used caps confirmed Earguards were all still on each cap and stayed on even when attempting to knock them off as described by end user and Rings were in working order too, the whole defective caps comment is without merit. That's what the Manufacturer said of these returned caps today.
Not only are the caps not falling apart at the earguards like was alleged by the end user, but the heavy scratches on the earguards shows more use than was described by the end user. As a result the caps are considered first quality, well used and can't be accepted for credit due to the contradicting evidence of the well used caps sent back for inspection by the source. A statement from the CEO will be forwarded to both the end user and this message board as soon as one can be drafted.
For the Record if the caps the end user claimed to be defective had come with defects like were described, earguards falling off, Rings that don't work to secure cap on head, then the issue of defective caps could be resolved by exchanging defective caps for good ones. To date: Everyone but this end user has been more than satisfied with quality of these caps which are sold for a value of only $10.00 each.
On the other hand, had these returned caps really been defective( like Raf's claim was describing of them) our supplier would have made good on the defective caps without a doubt.
That's all for now, waiting for the final answer to follow via CEO remarks.
All the best,
GW
Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there.

Rafael Ruano

Postby Rafael Ruano » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:50 pm

That's great Gary... I expect the caps returned or the money refunded ASAP...I assume I will simply have the "abused" caps returned to me?

I have now apparently "abused" the caps by using them twice...Fascinating.

More to this story I am sure. I hope the time and energy TruWest is wasting avoiding simply taking back the caps for a refund is truly astonishing. Not to mention the negative publicity in our small community. I just want my money back and would call it a day...but if they refuse to return my money I will have no choice than to take all actions available to recover the club's money.

Water-Polo-Fan

Postby Water-Polo-Fan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:30 am

Rafael Ruano wrote: Not to mention the negative publicity in our small community. I just want my money back and would call it a day...but if they refuse to return my money I will have no choice than to take all actions available to recover the club's money.

Be careful lest you be labeled an "angry man" for voicing your real world experience with Tru-West, Raf. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of what is right.

As For Tru-West.....The customer isn't always right, but sometimes companies have to take a small loss to make a big gain in public perception. The water polo community is too small for bad publicity. Had Tru-West gone above and beyond to make Raf happy the positive publicity would have reaped a lot more dollars in future business. Instead, many that have not conducted business with Tru-West will think twice before doing so. Those are dollars that they'll never recoup and never be able to build upon in future business. I'm shocked that a company like Tru-West doesn't seem to "get it." The competition for customer dollars is fierce. No company should be alienating their customer base.

But then again, you shouldn't expect Nordstrom service when you're conducting a business transaction with K-Mart.

Up in the stands

Customer Service

Postby Up in the stands » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:28 pm

That a retailer would place more weight on the manufacturer's opinion than the dissatisfaction of the buyer is a predictor of a business that is bound to fail. No company would ever want a public discussion about its service like the one that has been conducted here. The buyer thinks there is something wrong with the caps, send him new ones or a refund. The diner thinks there is something wrong with his entre or his wine, the restaurant takes it back. If you argue with the customer, whether you are right or wrong, you have already lost. A satisfied customer tells one or two people, an unhappy one tells ten, a message board discussion tells everyone. Truwest will never know how much business it has lost over a cheap set of caps. Seems beyond foolish to me.

:?:

Rafael Ruano

Postby Rafael Ruano » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:50 pm

What's sad is that the latest from TruWest is at least consistent with their approach to this whole thing.

I am going to be denied a refund based on what the manufacturer (actually the importer) said about the quality of the caps...WITHOUT TruWest taking a look at the caps themselves! The importer says we "abused" the caps and TruWest is obviously siding with them since American River WPC apparently has a history of purchasing caps, abusing them, and then asking for refunds...

We just ordered a set of practice caps, used them, and found them to be of such low quality that we could not use them without safety concerns. Thus, we asked to return them...not for a replacement set of the same caps, but for a refund...heck, I would take 52 unnumbered caps or even blue/white caps with random numbers...just a serviceable set that we can actually use without safety concerns.

But being accused of "abusing" a product when all we did was "use" it is simply adding insult to injury and further eroding TruWest's reputation.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:54 pm

No question you are correct, Up.

More important, Gary, is the question that we are ALL asking ourselves...What would S&R do?

Steve would return the money or send a new set of caps, no questions asked. I suspect that they are your largest competitor and also suspect that even were they to charge slightly more (which they do not), most people would now prefer giving HIM the business and have the security of knowing that they will have no hassle after the sale.

If your closest competitor were Joe Sh*% the rag man, it would matter less but this is not the case.

G Westwell

You can't please everyone everytime.

Postby G Westwell » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Raf can now take his Case to his Lawyer buddies and really get ready to rumble.
If the caps TRUELY are not abused like the factor claimed then Raf's winning day in court will prove everything to everyone.
We look forward to presenting that case to the public just as soon as we can.
Will Raf dare take this case to a neutral party or will he just continue to bad mouth a good company on the message board with all his cronnie friends backing him up blindly?
Come back soon for the Raf side of Water Polo Caps return fiasco.

PS. What comes around goes around.

All the best,
GW
Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there.

Rafael Ruano

Postby Rafael Ruano » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:57 pm

Just return the caps to me Gary.

By the way, it is not bad-mouthing when I am simply stating facts.

Water-Polo-Fan

Re: You can't please everyone everytime.

Postby Water-Polo-Fan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:38 am

G Westwell wrote:Will Raf dare take this case to a neutral party or will he just continue to bad mouth a good company on the message board with all his cronnie friends backing him up blindly?

I hope he does take you to court. It's evident that Tru-West doesn't understand the basic tenets of a customer service based business. It's antagonistic posts such as the one you made today that affirms ALL that I've told others about you. Funny thing is, some of the people I've told about the poor customer service I received from Tru-West were still willing to give them a try until I pointed them towards Gary's idiotic posts. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for continuing to make yourself look like an ass to us all, Gary.

G Westwell wrote:PS. What comes around goes around.

Hmmm, seems like it's finally coming around to you this time Gary. In the court of public opinion, you've failed. Future revenue is being lost on a daily basis. Your company is sinking and you're solely responsible for the drownings that are going to occur as a result of your poor leadership.

Did you actually go to business school?

Return to “Penalty Box”