NCCA Championship

Womens College Water Polo
Magrune
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player and coach. Love the game.

NCCA Championship

Postby Magrune » Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm

After watching the first half of the play-in game, I am incredibly disappointed by the quality of the streaming. The camera angles are absolutely horrible. You miss half of the front court on both sides. Hopefully this will be corrected by the weekend. Fingers crossed.

On another note, good luck to each of the teams that qualified. I am hopeful for a well-played and officiated tournament.

lbm
How are you connected to water polo?: former coach and player

Re: NCCA Championship

Postby lbm » Wed May 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Anyone know the reason for the penalty shot at the end the Marist/Salem game?

Rational
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rational » Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 am

lbm wrote:the reason for the penalty shot at the end the Marist/Salem game?

Looked like a huge mistake by the Salem Coach, tie game, called time-out with :20 sec in the 4th, the time-out play wasn't going as planned so while the ball was floating near his center he called time-out again, problem is the Salem player didn't have possession, so calling time-out without possession is a 5m.

Sctrojanje
How are you connected to water polo?: Family and fan. Daughter plays, I played and wife coached and played

Postby Sctrojanje » Sat May 15, 2021 12:49 am

Great Games Today.

-32H20polo
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby -32H20polo » Mon May 17, 2021 10:06 am

That final was one of the worst I have ever seen. I cannot understand what happened to UCLA. Can anyone explain and not blame the ref's?

WPhan
How are you connected to water polo?: College Water Polo fan

Postby WPhan » Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 am

A Women's National Championship just finished this weekend, yet it's crickets on this board! Is everyone sheltering in place or waiting for the Olympics?

Statement game by #1 USC in finals versus the only team to defeat them this season. I think that earlier loss gave them extra incentive to return to UCLA's Spieker with a vengeance. Felt bad for defending national champ Stanford in the quarter finals versus UCLA. Stanford played completely flat and had possibly their worst game of the season with field goal % and power play % in the low 20% range.

Good crowd at Spieker but smaller with size restrictions. Trojan and Bruin fans politely cheering on their teams. Not unexpected with both schools in the same town 15 miles apart and students going to the same high schools and attending the same parties.

Rational
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rational » Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 am

WPhan wrote:yet it's crickets on this board!

Imagine if in college basketball, over the last 20 years, only 3 teams had ever won the championship. Every year, it was the same Duke/UNC/Kentucky teams playing for and winning the championship. You'd be bored with that too.

WPhan
How are you connected to water polo?: College Water Polo fan

Postby WPhan » Mon May 17, 2021 12:14 pm

But if you're North Carolina, Duke, and Kentucky you love it! And if you're the Pac-12 Power 4 of USC, UCLA, Stanford and Cal you love competing for and winning National Championships. There are some West Coast oriented Olympic sports including Water Polo, Men's Volleyball and Beach Volleyball that aren't truly national but still provide excitement and interest.

desertbeachkid
How are you connected to water polo?: parent

Postby desertbeachkid » Mon May 17, 2021 2:37 pm

Wining the MPSF and landing the one seed was huge for USC. While UCLA had to battle Stanford, USC had an easier game with ASU. Bent was amazing against Stanford, but I'm not sure about starting her two games in a row given that Wright has been alternating goalies all season. But after the type of game she had against Stanford, I can't blame him. Next year will be fun to watch with olympians returning.

Skipper

Postby Skipper » Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 pm

USC wanted revenge, they got it. Their 6X5 offense and their shooting in the first quarter was outstanding, once they were up 8-2 it was over. UCLA was flat, their goalie played so well against Stanford and then just the opposite against the Trojans. Megens was unstoppable for SC, taking the game into her in own hands with 6 goals, once a player achieves that, its hard to beat them no matter how well your offense plays.

OCPoloDad

Postby OCPoloDad » Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Congratulation's to USC. Yes, the final score was a novelty for a Final; Four goals had been the largest differential.

Return to “Womens Varsity Water Polo”