Ryan Castle's Contract Not Renewed

Womens College Water Polo
oh c'mon
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Ryan Castle's Contract Not Renewed

Postby oh c'mon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 am

That's quite a downgrade for Castle. Carthage has a beautiful pool and they've never really embraced water polo. If Castle has the smarts he can bring Carthage to easily win the D3 CWPA. Being a knowledgeable coach he should be able to recruit from a large pool of Illinois talent easily for kids who want to continue water polo as well as getting some lesser Cali talent which would go over well in the D3 CWPA and it's a beautiful campus. As for the hiring of Dodson in four days isn't what a quality University does while running over another assistant with more time at the school. Dark water polo days are ahead for IU , I predict. Macalester has embraced Reid and in turn the program is flourishing. Carthage got a new AD last year and it seems she has some vision to the future unlike the old fuddy duddy who hired their last dinosaur coach when there were smarter and younger D1 assistants who had applied. At least the new AD knew she had to go to move forward. I hope Castle will embrace this new job and averts another MPSF debacle. He needs to get new assistants as well.

HawkinsPolo4
How are you connected to water polo?: College water polo graduate, four-year high school player, and long time club player. Now coaching club year around and playing masters

Postby HawkinsPolo4 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:47 am

oh c'mon wrote:Carthage got a new AD last year and it seems she has some vision to the future unlike the old fuddy duddy who hired their last dinosaur coach when there were smarter and younger D1 assistants who had applied. At least the new AD knew she had to go to move forward. I hope Castle will embrace this new job and averts another MPSF debacle. He needs to get new assistants as well.

These are quite some choice words; but regardless I’d be very curious as to who you knew that applied in 2015 when the position was previously open (I was an alum at the time who also knew another individual that applied).

As for if he’ll get an assistant that will depend. The position was part time until they added club sport coordinator so technically it’s a full time job (all full time coaches at the school have at least a grad assistant). TBD on whether or not he will have a grad assistant, but according to one of the players one of the two assistants will be around at least until their goalie graduates.

Rational

Postby Rational » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 am

Castle thinks the world of himself, as evidenced by his hubris in taking IU to the MPSF. but this is a new low:

https://athletics.carthage.edu/news/201 ... coach.aspx

"Prior to Indiana, Castle was the head coach at the University of Hawaii for the 2015 and 2016 seasons"

So Mo Cole just didn't exist? Mo wasn't the head coach in 2015-16? There was Michel, then from 2012 to 2015 the kids coached themselves until Ryan came along?

Go ahead and blame this on some uninformed SID - I bet dollars to donuts Castle gave them that information and read the release before it was posted.

oh c'mon

Postby oh c'mon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Don't know if it's an error or on purpose regarding the Hawaii head coach listing. That being said I saw several games when Castle was Cole's assistant and Castle called the whole game with Cole sitting under the sun cover most every time, it was very weird.

Return to “Womens Varsity Water Polo”