2022 Season

Womens College Water Polo
SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Re: 2022 Season

Postby SwimCoach » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:49 pm

Rational wrote:This voting practice has to change, it is just a bunch of horse-trading for votes. Marist has 6 All-Americans?????
Marist is deeper than Stanford??? They lost to them 22-5!!
Marist (6) is deeper than Arizona State (2), Fresno State (2), and Long Beach (1) - combined???
Harvard, San Diego State, and UC San Diego are all deeper than Hawaii???

What a joke

The Honorable Mention Team is just too big and loses its importance with so many players. I understand that the sport wants to honor players at all of the schools, but 56 Honorable Mentions is just too many. I think that every Top 25 team had at least one player make one of the All-America teams.

And if you are going to give out 80 All-America awards, how does a team like Michigan only get two spots, a Third Team and an Honorable mention? Maddie O’Reilly was one of the top players in the country. Jeff even suggested that she might have been a finalist for the Cutino Award, but she only makes Honorable Mention? Obviously, the current system is flawed.

Rational
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rational » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:46 pm

CPR wrote:Nope. No horse trading .... A lot of schools simply didn’t nominate many players…Marist did.

Let's assume this is true - then how did Marist, who finished 3rd in the MAAC, San Diego State (4th in GCC), Indiana (next to last in MPSF) and CSUN (last in Big West) get so many other coaches to recognize their quantities of superb talent at the minimum level required to be recognized? Is it just coincidence? Or maybe these coaches command so much respect amongst their peers that everyone blindly goes along with their nominations ---- but not too many as that would put their players on the 1st/2nd/3rd team.

Please - explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, how this happens without horse trading.

Sctrojanje
How are you connected to water polo?: Family and fan. Daughter plays, I played and wife coached and played

Postby Sctrojanje » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:00 pm

CPR wrote:Nope. No horse trading. Every player that was nominated earned an award (1st, 2nd, 3rd team or HM). A lot of schools simply didn’t nominate many players…Marist did.

I thought 2Ply was a liquored up poster, but this one takes the cake.....

Do not insult us with this dribble.

Return to “Womens Varsity Water Polo”