2017 JO All-Americans

JO's
SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

2017 JO All-Americans

Postby SwimCoach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 am

Congratulations to all of the All-Americans and MVPs.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/usw ... erican.pdf

ltoddnelson
How are you connected to water polo?: Photographer

Re: 2017 JO All-Americans

Postby ltoddnelson » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Can somebody help me understand the process of choosing the JO All Americans?

Specific example... A goalie that allows 23 goals in 7 games (w 1 loss) is selected to the second team but a goalie that allows 43 goals in 8 games (w 2 losses) is selected to the first team.

I'm not trying to diminish any of the accomplishments of these excellent athletes. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the process.

JackBurton
How are you connected to water polo?: Gold Standard of USA Water Polo

Postby JackBurton » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:52 pm

ltoddnelson wrote:Can somebody help me understand the process of choosing the JO All Americans?

Specific example... A goalie that allows 23 goals in 7 games (w 1 loss) is selected to the second team but a goalie that allows 43 goals in 8 games (w 2 losses) is selected to the first team.

I'm not trying to diminish any of the accomplishments of these excellent athletes. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the process.

@ltoddnelson
Sure I got an email from USAWP asking me to make my all-american selections for my club. USAWP told me how many selections I got and what team they would land on. I then had to get my selections in before the deadline. I believe you needed to go top 15 to get a selection.

SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Postby SwimCoach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Yes, the individual player's coach makes the selection. Depending on what pace you came in determines how many selections you get for 1st team, 2nd team and Honorable Mention. Therefore, if each of the teams that have a 1st team pick decide to pick their goalie, then there could be 5 goalies in the first team.

Return to “US Junior Olympics”