All-Americans Announced

JO's
SwimCoach
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

All-Americans Announced

Postby SwimCoach » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:20 am

Congratulations to all of the athletes that were selected to be All-Americans.

http://www.usawaterpolo.org/genrel/090418aab.html

Nokiss
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 am
How are you connected to water polo?: friend

Re: All-Americans Announced

Postby Nokiss » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:40 am

SwimCoach wrote:Congratulations to all of the athletes that were selected to be All-Americans.

http://www.usawaterpolo.org/genrel/090418aab.html

If your son is in there congratulation ....

SwimCoach
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Re: All-Americans Announced

Postby SwimCoach » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 am

Nokiss wrote:If your son is in there congratulation ....


Nope, but thanks for the gesture.

I see 4 SOCAL girls on the 18U First Team. I did not know that this was possible. I thought that the first place team was given 3 spots on the First Team.

beachpolo
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Re: All-Americans Announced

Postby beachpolo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:31 am

SwimCoach wrote:
Nokiss wrote:If your son is in there congratulation ....


Nope, but thanks for the gesture.

I see 4 SOCAL girls on the 18U First Team. I did not know that this was possible. I thought that the first place team was given 3 spots on the First Team.



14U-Boys also has 4 Vanguard boys, so I guess it is possible, but I also thought it wasn't.

wp12
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:28 am
How are you connected to water polo?: player/fan

Re: All-Americans Announced

Postby wp12 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:47 pm

SwimCoach wrote:
Nokiss wrote:If your son is in there congratulation ....


Nope, but thanks for the gesture.

I see 4 SOCAL girls on the 18U First Team. I did not know that this was possible. I thought that the first place team was given 3 spots on the First Team.

It is supposed to be 3, but since the MVP award is shared in this case it becomes 4.

wplover
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: fan. parent

Re: All-Americans Announced

Postby wplover » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:57 pm

I'm curious, why aren't any Cozy Boys listed in the 18U Boys? I assume the spots are allocated by team placement, and they would have received several spots on 1st and 2nd team based on a 1st place win. Did they forgo the All-American spots and the next place finisher get more or what?

SwimCoach
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Re: All-Americans Announced

Postby SwimCoach » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:31 pm

wplover wrote:I'm curious, why aren't any Cozy Boys listed in the 18U Boys? I assume the spots are allocated by team placement, and they would have received several spots on 1st and 2nd team based on a 1st place win. Did they forgo the All-American spots and the next place finisher get more or what?


From the bottom of the article:

Note: The following teams did not submit All-Americans.
16 & Under Boys: OCWPC
18 & Under Boys: United Cozy Boys and San Diego Shores
10 & Under Mixed: 680 and Mid Valley
14 & Under Girls: CHAWP

It does not look like spots were taken by other teams. For example, there are only five AA for the 18U boys, instead of the usual 8 (or 9 if there were co-MVPs)

Return to “US Junior Olympics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests