2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Girls High School Competition
CapeFear
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 am
How are you connected to water polo?: Player

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby CapeFear » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:55 pm

When and who was the last High School to win both Boys and girls CIF championships in the same school year? Mater Dei? OLU? Public schools?

SwimCoach
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby SwimCoach » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:04 pm

CapeFear wrote:When and who was the last High School to win both Boys and girls CIF championships in the same school year? Mater Dei? OLU? Public schools?


I do not think that any coach has won bothe D1 Championships in the same year.

Mater Dei girls have never made it to a CIF-SS D1 Championship game.

I believe that OLu and Carrera won them both in the same calendar year, but not in the same school year.
Last edited by SwimCoach on Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MattSzabo
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 am
How are you connected to water polo?: Reporter

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby MattSzabo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:31 pm

Newport Harbor won them both in 2007-08, but the boys were coached by Lynch and the girls by Barnett.
As far as I know, the same coach hasn't won both in the same school year in the top division.

Justafan22
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby Justafan22 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 pm

The writing is on the wall.
Next year we will be asking: "do you think that Newport could repeat as both boys and girls D1 champs for the second year in a row?"

User avatar
LimeyPoloDad
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Former player & coach, now a polo dad
Location: Southern California

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby LimeyPoloDad » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:11 am

Laguna 8 Los Al 7

The Dowager
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 5:10 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Vocal fan

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby The Dowager » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:15 am

Justafan22 wrote:The writing is on the wall.
Next year we will be asking: "do you think that Newport could repeat as both boys and girls D1 champs for the second year in a row?"


On the girls’s side, aren’t most of Newport’s top players seniors, who will be gone next year?

polo45
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:24 am
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby polo45 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:02 am

Correct. Newport starts 5 seniors and has a senior class of 11. They start 2 juniors and play a couple underclassmen off the bench. This is their year. They will be always be a strong D1 program but they will not be the favorites next year.

jlweath
Posts: 3324
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:02 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Was a player, age group coach, two sons played through college, and I am a fan
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby jlweath » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:55 am

There should be a lot of movement in the Div 1 polls after this Monday's new poll going into the last week of play.

fanofwp
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:18 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Water polo dad and sometimes ref.

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby fanofwp » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:11 pm

jlweath wrote:There should be a lot of movement in the Div 1 polls after this Monday's new poll going into the last week of play.


I think we can all agree on one thing. The team that was hurt the worst by the results of this weekend's tournaments has to be CDM. They may go from the 8th seed in the open division to a 5th seed in D1. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens.

Question to everyone: Who is the 8th and final seed in the open division now?

Justafan22
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby Justafan22 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:13 pm

fanofwp wrote:
jlweath wrote:There should be a lot of movement in the Div 1 polls after this Monday's new poll going into the last week of play.


I think we can all agree on one thing. The team that was hurt the worst by the results of this weekend's tournaments has to be CDM. They may go from the 8th seed in the open division to a 5th seed in D1. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens.

Question to everyone: Who is the 8th and final seed in the open division now?


I think is SM beats Los Al they become #8

lapolodad
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:56 am
How are you connected to water polo?: Dad

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby lapolodad » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:03 pm

Los Al over SM by 5.

JackBurton
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 am
How are you connected to water polo?: Gold Standard of USA Water Polo

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby JackBurton » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Harvard-Westlake might be the one to slide into the 8th spot. They are currently sitting at 10, played Los Al tough, and posted a 3rd place win over Wilson.

jlweath
Posts: 3324
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:02 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Was a player, age group coach, two sons played through college, and I am a fan
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby jlweath » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:49 pm

fanofwp wrote:
jlweath wrote:There should be a lot of movement in the Div 1 polls after this Monday's new poll going into the last week of play.


I think we can all agree on one thing. The team that was hurt the worst by the results of this weekend's tournaments has to be CDM. They may go from the 8th seed in the open division to a 5th seed in D1. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens.

Question to everyone: Who is the 8th and final seed in the open division now?



I would say now it is between Santa Margarita and Harvard Westlake for the 8th seed. Santa Margarita still has to play OLU and Foothill this final week.

Justafan22
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby Justafan22 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:52 pm

JackBurton wrote:Harvard-Westlake might be the one to slide into the 8th spot. They are currently sitting at 10, played Los Al tough, and posted a 3rd place win over Wilson.

I believe SM has a couple tough games this week. They will get a chance to prove themselves there.
But yes that was a big win for HW over Wilson

polo45
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:24 am
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach

Re: 2021-22 CIF SS Div 1

Postby polo45 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:55 pm

Harvard 0-1 vs cdm
Santa Marg 1-0 cs cdm

That might be the deciding factor.

Return to “High School GIRLS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests