Suggestions for High School Certificates/Awards

Idea exchange for starting up a club
polofan13
How are you connected to water polo?: My son was recently introduced to water polo and is playing on a newly formed high school team. I'm assisting the coach with basic stuff (banquet, photos, etc.). Love to watch it!

Suggestions for High School Certificates/Awards

Postby polofan13 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Hello! My son is playing on a high school team. This is our first year. I'm trying to lighten the load for our coach. I'll be helping with the logistics for the end of year banquet for the boys and girls teams. Will someone share what they do for their players (high school teams or clubs)? Any suggestions or ideas? I'd love to not reinvent the wheel here! Look forward to being part of this community.

Thanks!
Kim

Joan Gould-Bertocci

Re: Suggestions for High School Certificates/Awards

Postby Joan Gould-Bertocci » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 pm

We are happy to send you a few full game DVD's of mens and womens games from the Olympics and/or World Championships that you can copy and give out to all of the players. They are very popular and you can copy them on your own PC or have them copied at a computer store pretty reasonably.

Email me at [email protected] with your name and address and I will send a few out to you.

wpfan55
How are you connected to water polo?: player, parent, coach

Postby wpfan55 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:10 am

High Five for you Kim for helping the coaches out! They have enough to do without banquets, awards, etc. Our HS team likes to keep things simple and affordable for families. Afterall, it's about being with your team and recognition not a $100 meal. We have a family potluck in the school cafeteria. The HS account buys lasagne (parent volunteers cook them at home & bring them), then everyone potlucks sides, salads, drinks, etc. One mom loves to do decorations so we let her go at it. Parents, players & sibs are invited so we usually get a nice turnout. Coaches do player certificates and during the presentation acknowledge something positive about each player. We try to collect $5 from each player for a coach gift, even if it's only a token dinner gift certificate. We have a couple of paparazzi parents who generously got dup photos & we put them all up on display boards (since some parents can't make games) and players could take home whatever photos they wanted at the end of the evening. We've tried several scenarios and this one has seemed to work best for us. The restaurant scene got noisy & expensive and some players couldn't come because of expense or babysitting issues. Good Luck with your event!

Cali Polo
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Cali Polo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:14 am

Any suggestions for Senior Gifts ?

Missy

Postby Missy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Senior Gifts: Find an action shot of each of the girls and print and frame it. You could also ask the coach to write a nice card talking about how the player has developed.

polomaman
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby polomaman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

For a great senior gift, have their water polo caps set in a shadow box with a plaque listing their acomplishments. They do this at our school and the seniors love it.

floater
How are you connected to water polo?: yes

Postby floater » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Missy wrote:Senior Gifts: Find an action shot of each of the girls and print and frame it. You could also ask the coach to write a nice card talking about how the player has developed.

that works well. in the age of websites and digital pictures, an old school action shot in a frame/plaque makes for good memories.

Return to “Starting a Program”