Triad Water Polo (North Carolina)

Southeast and Northeast Zones

Moderator: Russ Thompson

PackPolo

Triad Water Polo (North Carolina)

Postby PackPolo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 pm

The triad water polo team has started practice for the fall. We will be practicing Tuesdays, 7:15-8:30 pm, at YWCA (1300 S Main St, Winston-Salem). $5 admission for Non-members. Free for members. We had a great turnout last week and would love to have new players. Also, if you know any potential players in the area please forward this information along to them.

Please email [email protected] or PM me for more info. Attached is a flier as well.

Site Admin

Re: Triad Water Polo (North Carolina)

Postby Moderator » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:05 am

List your club on our free club locater. We are getting a LOT of hits on that as people look for clubs to join. Click the "Add your Club" link and put in the details. http://www.waterpoloplanet.com/waterpol ... find/clubs

You do not have to belong to any organization to list your club here...we put it up for the good of the water polo community and there will never be any fee to join or be listed.

LABertocci
How are you connected to water polo?: Professional Educator

Postby LABertocci » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Back in a former lifetime, more properly four (!) lifetimes ago, I was a coach of a very big and very successful masters swim club in NorCal. The epiphany I had then is relevant here: groups such as Triad (and the Dallas Water Polo Club, that I founded XXX ;-) years ago) are disproportionately populated by adults with the kinds of knowledge and experience that makes them a perfect "breeding ground" for future coaches and referees. I hope ALL out there do what they can to promote such teams... such promotion will be of net benefit to our sport.
Loren A. Bertocci
Director, Water Polo Academy

PackPolo

Postby PackPolo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 pm

Loren,

I couldn't agree more. You may have heard, but in the past few years a number of high school teams started up in the Atlanta area. Dynamo Water Polo Club has been an excellent support group for this growth by providing refs and coaches.

When we got the newly formed Raleigh team off the ground we aimed to create a team that could serve that purpose as well. There are now a number of adults from the Raleigh team helping run clinics and they even had a small 4 team league over the summer. Hopefully it will continue to pick up steam and we can get a similar thing going in the Triad area.

Mod,

Thanks for the locater. What a great resource. I'll be sure to add it and let all my other club contacts know about it.

Return to “USAWP Zones: East Coast”