Club Schedules?

Thesita

Club Schedules?

Postby Thesita » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Does anyone know where to find club schedules. I have noticed that since clubs are clubs they are not usually as good at reporting or keeping up their websites, but isn't a schedule made by now and easy to post?

I checked this website but it seems so out of date- not blaming them though. http://www.collegiatewaterpolo.com/html/Top20.html

If anyone has any idea on UCLA's club women's schedule I would appreciate it. I already emailed them a while ago and it is not posted on the website, I checked. It seems old though and I may be checking the wrong/old website.

Any help would be appreciated.

alberstein

Re: Club Schedules?

Postby alberstein » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 am

It's on the collegiatewaterpolo.org web site. Click on the link for "Schedules", then the link for "Womens Club". A set of links for each CWPA Division schedule in 2011 will come up. UCLA is in the Pacific Coast Division.

Torchbearer

Postby Torchbearer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 pm

I believe the Collegiate Water Polo Assoc. publishes a media guide of 50-60 pages for each season (men in the fall, women in the spring) that's given free to all the participating CLUB players and can be purchased for $2.00 by everyone else. The last time I looked, there were about 160 registered collegiate men's club teams and 125 registered collegiate women's club teams. A lot of polo people denigrate the club programs, but this is mainly where the sport's growth has occurred in recent years. Here in North Carolina, we have collegiate CLUB teams at Duke, North Carolina, and North Carolina State, and Masters-type club teams in Charlotte and Raleigh, and last summer there was a small four-team co-ed kids club league in Raleigh. Several Ys also offer recreational-type polo programs. There's more water polo being played nationally than most people realize, apart from the standardized USAWP and ODP programs that get most of the publicity.

mohsin378
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby mohsin378 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:51 am

Does anyone know where to find club schedules. I have noticed that since clubs are clubs they are not usually as good at reporting or keeping up their websites, but isn't a schedule made by now and easy to post?

D-man

Postby D-man » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 pm

I find that most college club team websites are very rarely updated, since the students are responsible and not many spend time getting info updated. Your best bet is to look at the CWPA web site and then drill down to get to the Men's or Women's Club Division listings. The CWPA is working on scheduling the Women's Club season going now and should have the league schedules up sometime in December, for the Spring 2014 season. Please note, though, that the CWPA does not update club scores on a live time basis. They usually update the divisions a few days after the tournaments are complete.

Good luck.....

Return to “Collegiate Club”