US Senior/Junior Teams
Sunny
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Re: Tokyo Olympics

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:54 pm

OCPoloDad

Postby OCPoloDad » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:57 am

Congrats to the USA Women for advancing to the semi-finals vs. Russia after a 16-5 victory over Canada. Spain & Hungary advance to the other semi-final.

madone
How are you connected to water polo?: player, coach, enthusiast

Postby madone » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Total thrashing. Keep going! Good luck!!

PoloCommuter
How are you connected to water polo?: Parent, fan

Postby PoloCommuter » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Is Jamie Neushul injured? Did not see her play.

OCPoloDad

Postby OCPoloDad » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Congrats to American Women for making it to the Gold Medal Final. Will need all offensive weapons against a stingy Spanish defense.

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:08 pm

Congrats to the women's team for moving on. Spain in the finals...possibly the men a well?! What is Spain feeding them over there?

SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Postby SwimCoach » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:20 pm

OCPoloDad wrote:Congrats to American Women for making it to the Gold Medal Final. Will need all offensive weapons against a stingy Spanish defense.

They are definitely going to have to shoot better from the outside. They drew an impressive 15 exclusions against Russia, but only converted 6 of them.

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:00 am

The Spanish are not a challenge to the superior US women. It's a foregone conclusion . Congrats are in order to the US women...again

lbm
How are you connected to water polo?: former coach and player

Postby lbm » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:43 am

I found it thoroughly enjoyable to watch this version of our WNT win the gold with such a dominant performance. For this group to go out with such a win is fitting. I would guess that maybe half of this group won’t be back in 2024, although I hope I’m wrong. If this is the last go around for many of these ladies, all
I have to say is thank you for your sacrifices and it’s been a pleasure to watch your dominance.

OCPoloDad

Postby OCPoloDad » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:55 am

Such a dominant performance! Loved seeing the Medal Ceremony. Congratulations Team USA!

SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Postby SwimCoach » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:21 pm

lbm wrote:I found it thoroughly enjoyable to watch this version of our WNT win the gold with such a dominant performance. For this group to go out with such a win is fitting. I would guess that maybe half of this group won’t be back in 2024, although I hope I’m wrong. If this is the last go around for many of these ladies, all
I have to say is thank you for your sacrifices and it’s been a pleasure to watch your dominance.

This group of players was amazing to watch. It did not seem like Spain ever had a chance. They dominated last night. Johnson was stellar in goal and their team defense was as good as I remember seeing. Congratulations to the entire team!

Dinosaur dad
How are you connected to water polo?: Former plater, enthusiast, dad

Postby Dinosaur dad » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:47 am

OCPoloDad wrote:Such a dominant performance! Loved seeing the Medal Ceremony. Congratulations Team USA!

Agreed! Fantastic team play. Great passing! And what a goalie performance!

Justafan22
How are you connected to water polo?: Just a fan of WP

Postby Justafan22 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:36 pm

Dinosaur dad wrote:
OCPoloDad wrote:Such a dominant performance! Loved seeing the Medal Ceremony. Congratulations Team USA!

Agreed! Fantastic team play. Great passing! And what a goalie performance!

Just watched the replay. Whatever they talked about at the half, they came into that 3rd quarter and just took over and eliminated any doubt on who was going to win this game. "Let's stop messing around, and let's get this over with "
Very dominant 3rd quarter

madone
How are you connected to water polo?: player, coach, enthusiast

Postby madone » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:25 pm

stellar performance once again. So impressive!!

BayBoy
How are you connected to water polo?: Masters player - love watching the game, from youth to masters.

Postby BayBoy » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:41 am

The women’s water polo team is the single most dominant American national team of the century, for both genders and all sports. The US women’s soccer and rowing teams, while extraordinary, proved to be mortal in Tokyo. ESPN should produce an in-depth documentary on how our polo players do it, year after year (many on this board have contributed to that answer).

Congratulations USA women!

Return to “US Womens National Water Polo Teams”