2018 NJO Tournament Discussion - Session 1 - July 21-24

JO's
2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Re: 2018 NJO Tournament Discussion - Session 1 - July 21-24

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Irvbeck wrote:You mention Dejan. Did he make an appearance anywhere during the tournament? Seems like it would have been nice to have a show of face by the guy in-charge of our entire Men's National Team program. You'd think USAWP would have him present, visit some games, shake a few hands, maybe hold a seminar or give a speech, be at the Final games... there seems to be a disconnect.

How about this? Tony recently retired, went to Stanford, etc etc. Why wouldn't they ask him to be involved? The SoCal kids know who he his, but the "out of CA" kids may not or have a chance to meet him. Have him give a speech, talk to the crowd, host an autograph signing, something.

Lastly, who chose the cover photo of the program?

Dejan should never have been the SNT coach...period. His approach to assembling a team is not unlike how the CB and Vanguard White teams were assembled...just a bunch of guys getting together every now and then. Lot's of talent across the board on both teams, but very little team play going on with either. CB barely wins against Stanford "team players", Vanguard barely loses against Stanford's "team players" (twice). There is a lesson to be learned here but I'm confident Dejan skipped class.

Nobody knows how the cover came to be. I asked. I'm sure somebody was embarrassed by it though.

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:46 pm

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
Irvbeck wrote:You mention Dejan. Did he make an appearance anywhere during the tournament? Seems like it would have been nice to have a show of face by the guy in-charge of our entire Men's National Team program. You'd think USAWP would have him present, visit some games, shake a few hands, maybe hold a seminar or give a speech, be at the Final games... there seems to be a disconnect.

How about this? Tony recently retired, went to Stanford, etc etc. Why wouldn't they ask him to be involved? The SoCal kids know who he his, but the "out of CA" kids may not or have a chance to meet him. Have him give a speech, talk to the crowd, host an autograph signing, something.

Dejan should never have been the SNT coach...period. His approach to assembling a team is not unlike how the CB and Vanguard White teams were assembled...just a bunch of guys getting together every now and then. Lot's of talent across the board on both teams, but very little team play going on with either. CB barely wins against Stanford "team players", Vanguard barely loses against Stanford's "team players" (twice). There is a lesson to be learned here but I'm confident Dejan skipped class.

Nobody knows how the cover came to be. I asked. I'm sure somebody was embarrassed by it though.

Was there any flexing on the cover? I’d like to see this

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:

Was there any flexing on the cover? I’d like to see this

Well yes. But at least it's an action shot. Perhaps someone who's less digitally challenged than me can post it as an attachment.

Irvbeck
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, informed observer

Postby Irvbeck » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:53 pm

FastBreak

Postby FastBreak » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:07 pm

who is that on the cover?

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:36 pm

FastBreak wrote:who is that on the cover?

Wojciechowski

john70
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby john70 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:39 pm

You still haven't indicated why you are so defensive about this team. It's a little weird

Why are you not asking yourself the same question? (why so offensive?), wait don't bother to answer.....we all know :D

john70

Postby john70 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:44 pm

RB, 2Ply do you really think you know how to train MNT? Looks like you are drinking same good quality kool-aid!!!!

Allstar21
How are you connected to water polo?: Player

Postby Allstar21 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:09 pm

It’s kind of funny to me, all these parents and spectators hating on cozy boys, supporting cozy boys etc. , because it seems like a lot of the conflict isn’t between the boys on the actual various teams, it is between all the parents. Sometimes fights break out in water polo as they did in the 680 game, but that’s water polo. Things happen and tensions flare and people lose control a little. That’s not to say it’s an acceptable thing but certainly it is not a sign of someone’s “lack of class”. If that were true, thousands of water polo players throughout the history of water polo are “classless” as a result of that logic. CB and Stanford and Vanguard and a litany of other teams enjoyed mutual respect and competition this JOs and I think maybe all you parents out there should take a step back and realize that very few players truly had issue with eachother the way all of you seem to have issue with eachother. You’re all making mountains out of molehills and being petty for no reason. A tournament was held. A winner got decided by fair means. Stop complaining and gloating like it was YOU in the pool. Not just on here but on pool decks as well.
-A Stanford Fan

DJGavin9
How are you connected to water polo?: By love

Postby DJGavin9 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Allstar21 wrote:It’s kind of funny to me, all these parents and spectators hating on cozy boys, supporting cozy boys etc. , because it seems like a lot of the conflict isn’t between the boys on the actual various teams, it is between all the parents. Sometimes fights break out in water polo as they did in the 680 game, but that’s water polo. Things happen and tensions flare and people lose control a little. That’s not to say it’s an acceptable thing but certainly it is not a sign of someone’s “lack of class”. If that were true, thousands of water polo players throughout the history of water polo are “classless” as a result of that logic. CB and Stanford and Vanguard and a litany of other teams enjoyed mutual respect and competition this JOs and I think maybe all you parents out there should take a step back and realize that very few players truly had issue with eachother the way all of you seem to have issue with eachother. You’re all making mountains out of molehills and being petty for no reason. A tournament was held. A winner got decided by fair means. Stop complaining and gloating like it was YOU in the pool. Not just on here but on pool decks as well.
-A Stanford Fan

Well said.

wpolo93

Postby wpolo93 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Could not agree more.

2plyBathingSuit
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:56 pm

john70 wrote:RB, 2Ply do you really think you know how to train MNT? Looks like you are drinking same good quality kool-aid!!!!

Just stating my opinion. This board is full of them...including yours.

Rbpolo0414

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 am

john70 wrote:
You still haven't indicated why you are so defensive about this team. It's a little weird

Why are you not asking yourself the same question? (why so offensive?), wait don't bother to answer.....we all know :D

I get annoyed when parents try to anonymously lobby for their kids on this board. Just calling it out when I see it. At the very least, admit you have skin in the game.

mwb2001
How are you connected to water polo?: Player

Postby mwb2001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:47 am

Pretty impressive the Northwest Club from washington finished like 17th or something in 16u? That's a win I guess for non cali teams lol. Also did anyone in 16u see Chicago Park District they seemed to have a pretty strong team idk tho.

john70

Postby john70 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:05 am

I get annoyed when parents try to anonymously lobby for their kids on this board. Just calling it out when I see it. At the very least, admit you have skin in the game.

Right, you are getting annoyed, but for other reasons :lol:

Return to “US Junior Olympics”