2021 Season

Mens College Water Polo
wplover
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: fan. parent

Re: 2021 Season

Postby wplover » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:47 pm

sbdad wrote: results are on the fosh. under their club names. SBP had a blue and Black team. the Blue is their A team. lots of close games.


The games I'm referring to were the wkend before, beginning on 7/30 and are not on the Fosh.

Marco Polo
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:52 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Marco Polo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:49 am

wplover wrote:I did not see Alika Naone playing for CAL or UCLA that weekend, but he does appear on the LBSU NL roster. He looked great at CAL in their short season.


Alika is playing for LBSU.

User avatar
2plyBathingSuit
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Re: 2021 Season

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Dennis Blyashov playin' for Pepperdine and Sawyer Rhoads to UCSB. It's going to be a strange fall season indeed unless the dreaded "delta variant" shuts it all down. Better get vaccinated...or they might not let you in the gate to watch.

Rbpolo0414
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:43 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:29 pm

2plyBathingSuit wrote:Dennis Blyashov playin' for Pepperdine and Sawyer Rhoads to UCSB. It's going to be a strange fall season indeed unless the dreaded "delta variant" shuts it all down. Better get vaccinated...or they might not let you in the gate to watch.


3rd times a charm

wplover
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: fan. parent

Re: 2021 Season

Postby wplover » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Just a guess that Blyashov is using his extra Covid year in grad school if he is indeed on UCSB's roster. Rhodes clearly loves the game and is trying to find the program that's the best fit for him, even though he has made an impact on each team he has played for.

User avatar
2plyBathingSuit
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Re: 2021 Season

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:02 pm

wplover wrote:Just a guess that Blyashov is using his extra Covid year in grad school if he is indeed on UCSB's roster. Rhodes clearly loves the game and is trying to find the program that's the best fit for him, even though he has made an impact on each team he has played for.


To clarify, Blyashov to Pepperdine...Rhodes to UCSB is what I heard. I have no idea if these two will make their respective rosters. I'll be curious to see if there is room on either team for gigantic ego's*. Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows.

*water polo playing style

polopost
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:01 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Played in high school and college

Re: 2021 Season

Postby polopost » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:13 am

wplover wrote:Just a guess that Blyashov is using his extra Covid year in grad school if he is indeed on UCSB's roster. Rhodes clearly loves the game and is trying to find the program that's the best fit for him, even though he has made an impact on each team he has played for.


Can an athlete transfer more than once though? Rhodes is good. I remember watching him in Semis vs Olu at JO's back when that team was stacked and he won the battle with Hannes Daube. Had a solid first year at Stanford then USC NCAA Champ, but how many transfers is an athlete allowed?

polopost
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:01 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Played in high school and college

Re: 2021 Season

Postby polopost » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 am

Rbpolo0414 wrote:
SwimCoach wrote:Yes, that would be a big addition for Long Beach.


LBSU. “Last Stop U”

ouch

john70
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 am
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby john70 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:20 pm

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
wplover wrote:Just a guess that Blyashov is using his extra Covid year in grad school if he is indeed on UCSB's roster. Rhodes clearly loves the game and is trying to find the program that's the best fit for him, even though he has made an impact on each team he has played for.


To clarify, Blyashov to Pepperdine...Rhodes to UCSB is what I heard. I have no idea if these two will make their respective rosters. I'll be curious to see if there is room on either team for gigantic ego's*. Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows.

*water polo playing style



"Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows."
Looks like yellow press statement(Some how I am not surprised at all). Maybe you can share with us where he took-over as coach before?

User avatar
2plyBathingSuit
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Re: 2021 Season

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:05 pm

john70 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
wplover wrote:Just a guess that Blyashov is using his extra Covid year in grad school if he is indeed on UCSB's roster. Rhodes clearly loves the game and is trying to find the program that's the best fit for him, even though he has made an impact on each team he has played for.


To clarify, Blyashov to Pepperdine...Rhodes to UCSB is what I heard. I have no idea if these two will make their respective rosters. I'll be curious to see if there is room on either team for gigantic ego's*. Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows.

*water polo playing style



"Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows."
Looks like yellow press statement(Some how I am not surprised at all). Maybe you can share with us where he took-over as coach before?


Well, as usual, there is almost always one individual that takes what I say "literally". (Literally, I am not surprised at all). I think "most" people know what I'm talking about...perhaps you do as well.

john70
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 am
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby john70 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54 am

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
john70 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
wplover wrote:Just a guess that Blyashov is using his extra Covid year in grad school if he is indeed on UCSB's roster. Rhodes clearly loves the game and is trying to find the program that's the best fit for him, even though he has made an impact on each team he has played for.


To clarify, Blyashov to Pepperdine...Rhodes to UCSB is what I heard. I have no idea if these two will make their respective rosters. I'll be curious to see if there is room on either team for gigantic ego's*. Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows.

*water polo playing style



"Will Dennis take-over as coach and start calling the shots again? Who knows."
Looks like yellow press statement(Some how I am not surprised at all). Maybe you can share with us where he took-over as coach before?


Well, as usual, there is almost always one individual that takes what I say "literally". (Literally, I am not surprised at all). I think "most" people know what I'm talking about...perhaps you do as well.


Honestly, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to and I am pretty sure "most" people as well.

User avatar
2plyBathingSuit
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Re: 2021 Season

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:12 am

john70 wrote:Honestly, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to and I am pretty sure "most" people as well.


Then there is no need for further explanation.

john70
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 am
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby john70 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:26 am

2plyBathingSuit wrote:
john70 wrote:Honestly, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to and I am pretty sure "most" people as well.


Then there is no need for further explanation.


Sure. If you don't want to talk about your own post, why even start it? :lol:

User avatar
2plyBathingSuit
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:54 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Re: 2021 Season

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:29 am

john70 wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:
john70 wrote:Honestly, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to and I am pretty sure "most" people as well.


Then there is no need for further explanation.


Sure. If you don't want to talk about your own post, why even start it? :lol:


Great question

Rbpolo0414
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:43 pm
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: 2021 Season

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:40 pm

https://calbears.com/sports/mens-water-polo/roster

4 new players from Spain! Kirk really knows how to find these guys (and get them in). When is the last time we’ve seen a Spanish player?

Return to “Mens Varsity Water Polo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests