USWP Failed US All.

The New Generation

Moderators: LBDad, LBDad, LBDad

Rational
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: USWP Failed US All.

Postby Rational » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Again badboy -
jhwp wrote:poking thing is just a weird side-discussion that seems to have nothing to do with the actual molestation. Unless you're suggesting that USAWP should have known he was sleeping with minors because he coached them to poke other girls in the privates during a game?
just to clarify, when a young girl has her suit pulled to the side, against her will, and an opponent intentionally stick their fingers inside her vagina - that is "poking", right?

You are abhorrent, I assume you minimize this criminal behavior because you view it as a viable tactic.

Moderator - where is the line? Was Jerry Sandusky just giving innocent back massages?

desertbeachkid
How are you connected to water polo?: parent

Postby desertbeachkid » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:25 pm

desertbeachkid wrote:That's a civil suit. Not a criminal charge.
Just to be clear, I was only referring to the quote from the swimingworld article referenced by the poster. I'm very aware that criminal charges have been filed -- rightly so -- against Hojreh. My point was that the poster had cherrypicked only the civil suit to mention in the post when the article also mentions criminal charges.

OCPoloDad

Postby OCPoloDad » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:39 pm

desertbeachkid wrote:
desertbeachkid wrote:That's a civil suit. Not a criminal charge.
Just to be clear, I was only referring to the quote from the swimingworld article referenced by the poster. I'm very aware that criminal charges have been filed -- rightly so -- against Hojreh. My point was that the poster had cherrypicked only the civil suit to mention in the post when the article also mentions criminal charges.
Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification.

SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Postby SwimCoach » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:19 am

Agree with you Rational, but you need to quote people correctly. That was badboy who said those things, not jhwp.

Sctrojanje
How are you connected to water polo?: Family and fan. Daughter plays, I played and wife coached and played

Postby Sctrojanje » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Hey Everyone,

The best thing is to ignore anything that Badboy writes in a message board. He is absolutely the most ignorant parent/troll and it has been pointed out that he changes screen names and posts under several names. He is a troll that thinks either he is funny or has a sick fetish getting off on other's people anger. Child molestation is not something that you try to rationalize and when you do, you come across as being as sick as the molesters themselves. You cannot nor should not defend molestation and make scenarios that just make people get more angry. It is a mental illness to think 'wait, let me see if I can make a scenario that defies what they are discussing'.

I was responding to another post about the Utah Tournament with him and I received several Private Messages telling me to ignore him. He literally is not worth your time to engage with.

Once you realize this and start skipping over his posts, you see actual great conversations.

John

badboy

Postby badboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:26 pm

Sctrojanje wrote:Hey Everyone,

The best thing is to ignore anything that Badboy writes in a message board. He is absolutely the most ignorant parent/troll and it has been pointed out that he changes screen names and posts under several names. He is a troll that thinks either he is funny or has a sick fetish getting off on other's people anger. Child molestation is not something that you try to rationalize and when you do, you come across as being as sick as the molesters themselves. You cannot nor should not defend molestation and make scenarios that just make people get more angry. It is a mental illness to think 'wait, let me see if I can make a scenario that defies what they are discussing'.

I was responding to another post about the Utah Tournament with him and I received several Private Messages telling me to ignore him. He literally is not worth your time to engage with.

Once you realize this and start skipping over his posts, you see actual great conversations.

John
LOL, you're still on about that? Good luck in the upcoming Club Champs, er, tournament against nobody!

badboy

Postby badboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Rational wrote:Again badboy -
jhwp wrote:poking thing is just a weird side-discussion that seems to have nothing to do with the actual molestation. Unless you're suggesting that USAWP should have known he was sleeping with minors because he coached them to poke other girls in the privates during a game?
just to clarify, when a young girl has her suit pulled to the side, against her will, and an opponent intentionally stick their fingers inside her vagina - that is "poking", right?

You are abhorrent, I assume you minimize this criminal behavior because you view it as a viable tactic.

Moderator - where is the line? Was Jerry Sandusky just giving innocent back massages?
I was actually talking about a legal tangent. I will say, however, that you're adding a lot of graphic detail to the story that isn't referenced elsewhere. The newspaper article says that the the girls "grabbed and attempted to penetrate" which is obviously a no-no, but you seem to want to take it to a different level. Are you one of the parents suing USAWP?

PS - despite your angry responses, I still haven't heard what coaching kids to do what's alleged is at all related to the later molestation of his own players.

2meterline
How are you connected to water polo?: player, coach, fan, referee from the stands

Postby 2meterline » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:30 pm

test test
Last edited by 2meterline on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wpolo93
How are you connected to water polo?: fan

Postby wpolo93 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:06 pm

badboy wrote:

PS - despite your angry responses, I still haven't heard what coaching kids to do what's alleged is at all related to the later molestation of his own players.

Look, there is nothing wrong with asking questions but I just cannot believe that you have not thought this through. How about this. A coach from an opposing team claimed that the InterWP !@#$%^ taught his players this "technique". Apparently, there were similar incidents earlier that summer as well. USA WP could have easily interviewed girls both from InterWPC and opposing clubs and ask pointed questions about InterWPC practices, including one on one practices. And/or, if they did not have such authority (I am not a legal expert here) USAWP should have forwarded the claims to authorities as required and tried to stay informed about any possible investigation.

I do not know whether an investigation in 2017 would have uncovered that special "techniques" that !@#$%^^ used in his tutoring but it would have been a possibility. Not to mention that an investigation perhaps could have forced that individual to scale down or abandon his activities.

badboy

Postby badboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:21 pm

wpolo93 wrote:
badboy wrote:

Look, there is nothing wrong with asking questions but I just cannot believe that you have not thought this through. How about this. A coach from an opposing team claimed that the InterWP !@#$%^ taught his players this "technique". Apparently, there were similar incidents earlier that summer as well. USA WP could have easily interviewed girls both from InterWPC and opposing clubs and ask pointed questions about InterWPC practices, including one on one practices. And/or, if they did not have such authority (I am not a legal expert here) USAWP should have forwarded the claims to authorities as required and tried to stay informed about any possible investigation.

I do not know whether an investigation in 2017 would have uncovered that special "techniques" that !@#$%^^ used in his tutoring but it would have been a possibility. Not to mention that an investigation perhaps could have forced that individual to scale down or abandon his activities.
The article says that police reports were filed in a few cases - what became of those? They obviously didn't do anything to stop the coach.

I've got no problem with lawsuits against the club and the coach. And if he is found to have molested his players, no punishment is too harsh. But dragging USAWP into it is just a money grab.

wpolo93

Postby wpolo93 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:04 pm

badboy wrote:
The article says that police reports were filed in a few cases - what became of those? They obviously didn't do anything to stop the coach.

I've got no problem with lawsuits against the club and the coach. And if he is found to have molested his players, no punishment is too harsh. But dragging USAWP into it is just a money grab.
Lovely.

So let us say a K-12 educator gets a credible report of a child molestation but chooses not tot report it to a police. Are you saying that that educator can use a similar logic as a defense, saying that since the police perhaps did not act on some other reports he/she is off the hook?

Obviously, nobody wants a witch hunt but it is all about kids safety. USAWP should have reported the allegations to authorities as required.

As for this money grab culture of suing at every opportunity- yes, you are partially correct that the elements of such a culture are clearly present in modern USA. I have no way of knowing if this is the case here. What I do know is that those girls and their parents have every right to be mad at organizations that failed them.

badboy

Postby badboy » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm

wpolo93 wrote:
badboy wrote:

Lovely.

So let us say a K-12 educator gets a credible report of a child molestation but chooses not tot report it to a police. Are you saying that that educator can use a similar logic as a defense, saying that since the police perhaps did not act on some other reports he/she is off the hook?

Obviously, nobody wants a witch hunt but it is all about kids safety. USAWP should have reported the allegations to authorities as required.

As for this money grab culture of suing at every opportunity- yes, you are partially correct that the elements of such a culture are clearly present in modern USA. I have no way of knowing if this is the case here. What I do know is that those girls and their parents have every right to be mad at organizations that failed them.
But that's where you're losing me. What's the credible report of child abuse when one girl pokes another girl in the privates during a game?

-32H20polo

Postby -32H20polo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:56 pm

First it can be child abuse, depending on the ages of the players. Suppose a senior that is age 18 and a younger varsity player say 14 years old or 15 years old. The 18 year old just commented child abuse. Second I have also heard of girls shall I say pinching the lower private part or even twisting it hard. And yes when confronted by the player that had it happen to and her coach the player doing admitted yep all is fair and my coach knows it.
So coaches know what is happening and coaches will over look it. BAD, very bad coaches. It should not be happening at any level of play, club, high school, ODP, College, or national team members. This type of play needs to stop now get some morals.

wpolo93

Postby wpolo93 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:30 pm

badboy wrote:
But that's where you're losing me. What's the credible report of child abuse when one girl pokes another girl in the privates during a game?
Really...Keep trolling.

A coach from opposing team accusing InterWP coach of teaching his players to use this "technique" sounds credible to me. It should have warranted an investigation.

badboy

Postby badboy » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 pm

wpolo93 wrote:
badboy wrote:
Really...Keep trolling.

A coach from opposing team accusing InterWP coach of teaching his players to use this "technique" sounds credible to me. It should have warranted an investigation.
Don't disagree.

But how is that related to the later molestation charges that are being litigated? Perverted apples and oranges.